Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Close-ups (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/)
-   -   Flame Hawkfish shot with FZ20 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/flame-hawkfish-shot-fz20-41707/)

reefrelated Dec 30, 2004 3:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got my new FZ20so I thought I would share some of my first pics. Thanks for looking!

reefrelated Dec 30, 2004 3:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another

Roy Munson Dec 30, 2004 4:17 PM

wow, great colors. could you give us some details about the technical adjustments. (sorry myenglish is not the best).

Roy

Jenni Dec 30, 2004 4:27 PM

Wow. I agree, just stunning photos. I love the second one. The focus was just right for it.

reefrelated Dec 30, 2004 5:45 PM

I don't remember exactly (I don't have my camera with me at the moment). It was set on the lowest f-stop number that the FZ20 has and it was seton aperture priority. I am very new at all the technical photography stuff. I havebeen taking aquarium pictures for about 2 years butit was basically point and shoot until now. I just got an FZ20 so I am really interested in taking professional looking photos.

smilepak Dec 30, 2004 5:59 PM

Wow, those are great pictures. You must've gotten some good lighting on that tank to be able to take them with good shuttle speed.

reefrelated Dec 30, 2004 8:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes that does make a huge difference. I have 1400 watts of light that includes three 250 watt metal halide bulbs. The rest are VHO fluorescent bulbs. I actually have to tone some of the pictures down because they appear too bright. Maybe you can help, are there any other settings I can use to make the pictures come out darker. The pictures above look good but I have a lot that look too bright. Well here you go, take a look at this one. I get a lot that look like this. Any suggestions?

Roy, Here's my settings f2.8,ISO 80, aperture priority, no flash. Did I miss anything?

Roy Munson Dec 31, 2004 2:00 AM

No that´s fine. I hope you show usmore shots. :-)

Roy

fz10_user Jan 1, 2005 9:39 PM

reefrelated wrote:
Quote:

Maybe you can help, are there any other settings I can use to make the pictures come out darker. The pictures above look good but I have a lot that look too bright. Well here you go, take a look at this one. I get a lot that look like this. Any suggestions?
Try playing with the exposure button, -2/3EV could be enough for getting pictures similiar to your post-processed shots....all digital cameras tend to overexpose a little the images....so, it's always necessary to down just a bit the exposure level...I also have an FZ20 and I set -2/3EV mostly for outdoor shots.

On the other side, both shots are awesome, but the second one is simply breathtaking....great job.....keep posting.

Regards,

PeterP Jan 2, 2005 1:15 AM

Wow, what vivid color.

The mixing of different types of light halide / VFO's florescent may cause some troubles because of the different color temperatures of each kind of light. The camera may have troubles getting to a good white balance. Not sure if turning one or the other off when taking pictures would help.