Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Close-ups (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/)
-   -   Weevil (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/weevil-199838/)

jjdog2 Jun 22, 2012 2:39 PM

Weevil
 
Least I think it is.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8164/7...28ff482d_b.jpg

Clint501 Jun 22, 2012 4:11 PM

It looks like one to me - is it a good weevil or a evil weevil?

lorenww Jun 23, 2012 11:20 AM

Nice shot, great detail.

jjdog2 Jun 23, 2012 1:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint501 (Post 1307834)
It looks like one to me - is it a good weevil or a evil weevil?

Aren't all weevils evil weevils? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenww (Post 1307911)
Nice shot, great detail.

Thanks for the comment, appreciate it.

The Barbarian Jun 23, 2012 7:32 PM

Quote:

Aren't all weevils evil weevils?
Pretty much. The bigger species are more of a pest than the smaller ones, which are generally regarded to be the lesser of two weevils.

Hawgwild Jun 24, 2012 12:34 AM

Nice shot, JJ. Looks like you've captured the likeness of the infamous Cocklebur Weevil.

http://www.critterzone.com/animal-pi...60509-184C.jpg

Hawgwild Jun 24, 2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Barbarian (Post 1307980)
Pretty much. The bigger species are more of a pest than the smaller ones, which are generally regarded to be the lesser of two weevils.

This made me laugh!:D:D:D

jjdog2 Jun 24, 2012 1:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Barbarian (Post 1307980)
Pretty much. The bigger species are more of a pest than the smaller ones, which are generally regarded to be the lesser of two weevils.

:D :D :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawgwild (Post 1308008)
Nice shot, JJ. Looks like you've captured the likeness of the infamous Cocklebur Weevil.

http://www.critterzone.com/animal-pi...60509-184C.jpg

Thanks Robert, it looks like the same bug. Why is he infamous?

jj

penolta Jun 24, 2012 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Barbarian (Post 1307980)
Pretty much. The bigger species are more of a pest than the smaller ones, which are generally regarded to be the lesser of two weevils.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawgwild (Post 1308008)
Nice shot, JJ. Looks like you've captured the likeness of the infamous Cocklebur Weevil.

The Cocklebur Weevil has a similar, but larger cousin, the Ironweed Curculio. If this is actually the Cocklebur Weevil, it is truly the lesser of two weevils! :rolleyes:

Hawgwild Jun 24, 2012 5:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjdog2 (Post 1308069)
:D :D :D



Thanks Robert, it looks like the same bug. Why is he infamous?

jj


in·fa·mous

adjective


1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.

2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed. :eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:15 AM.