Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:36 PM   #1

This was my First photo taken with my new Pentax K10D. Let me know what you think ---- good or not so good ? I'm a newbie and I have lots of learning to do. This shot was taken on the AUTO everything mode in the rain. Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Jay D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:31 PM   #2

Hi Jay, Your camera seems to give a nice clear picture with good color saturation. I am not all that thrilled with the composition part. If I may make a couple of suggestions. The leaf ifself with the water drops has real potential for a good photograph. I would experiment with either moving way in close and focus on a portion of the leaf with big water drops. Or change your angle on the leaf. Maybe looking across the axis of the leaf with the water drops protruding out from the leaf. Let your imagination go wild. try things that you think no one else would think of. You never no what's going to work until you give it a try. It looks like you have a great new tool to work with. But, photography shouldn't be work. Have fun with it, go nuts trying nutty things. Keep posting and let us see your progress.
Welcome to the marvels of photography. And remember that this, like any art form is a very subjective medium. Everyone has an opinion and no one opinion is totally right or wrong. What you like may not appeal to others, but that doesn't make it any less valid.
I hope I was of some help,
Cheers,
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:07 AM   #3

Steve,
I sure do appreciate your suggestions. I haven't had this much fun in years, and I do plan on letting my immagination run wild.
Thanks for looking and I do plan on posting more photos as I move on with this new hobby of mine.

Jay D
Jay D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:40 AM   #4

Cool, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote