Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Mar 4, 2007, 8:49 AM   #1

We got very nice weather today and I enjoyed looking at the first flowers in my garden, like these:

Nothing special about this, I know, BUT I was able to catch this and would like to hear your ideas and comments. Who/what is it sitting there? A faerie? I think it's our very owngarden faerie that made her appearance and wasn't to shy to pose for a photo. Of course, since it's March she wears a typical faerie hat, which *might* confuse you at the first moment... but you can clearly see her wings... right?

#2 - my garden faerie, shot 1

#3 - shot 2, another angle

Is this garden magic, or what?

Now - how do you like it? Or do you think it's something else?

Yours,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:18 AM   #2

hi thkn,you have a very beautiful garden,but you need to isolate it for us ,beacuse our mind wonder what is there to be seen(Kiddy brain,you know).Crowd confuses us.Just for an example (though not very good but cropping does help somewhat):-
Attached Images

mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:06 PM   #3

hehe, I know this is the CloseUp forum, but I didn't know even a small number of flowers confuses you

I already cropped the flower image, trying roughly for a rule-of-third for the 2 white/violet ones, which sit at one of the ROT crossing points. Rest of the pic was only left intact to show the surrounding area so you can see that this aint a huge field of these flowers, but only a few.

I can see your point here, will try to use a more simpler approach next time if that complex setup puzzles you too much

Since I don't own a lens with real macro capability I'll go for a crop - maybe this one is more to your liking? I'd title it "Hidden beauty". Difficult to find the "perfect" crop on that because there are so many nice possible solutions.

Happy snapping, and thanks for commenting - it's always nice to know how others see my pictures, I am often surprised how many different views on one photo exist!

Yours,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:22 PM   #4

Hi thkn, You have a better crop
Wishes that if you so many beautiful possibilty why not use it and entertain us
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote