Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:30 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

for the open category on AZColt's photo of the day today.........

Mandy
Attached Images
 
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
JDar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 956
Default

Your cornflowers have been educational from a botanical standpoint as well as enjoyable photographically; I previously thought coneflowers had only a longer and thinner central cone but have learned there are different varieties. I had been used to seeing what is locally called "Mexican Hat" coneflowers, and hope to be able to post some of those next week.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:49 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

JDar wrote:
Quote:
Your cornflowers have been educational from a botanical standpoint as well as enjoyable photographically; I previously thought coneflowers had only a longer and thinner central cone but have learned there are different varieties. I had been used to seeing what is locally called "Mexican Hat" coneflowers, and hope to be able to post some of those next week.
Looking forward to seeing them JDar......I have seen those Mexican Hats and they are beautiful.........
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
shaggydoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 478
Default

Simply lovely:-)

Andrew
shaggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 7:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

shaggydoo wrote:
Quote:
Simply lovely:-)

Andrew
Andrew, Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate it.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:14 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
JDar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 956
Default

Mandy,

here are some of the cornflowers called Mexican Hats. I didn't find a variety of them this morning but the yellow ones and red or orange ones with red trim around the petals are really pretty. These are just snapshots and pale in comparison with your macro.

Joe
Attached Images
 
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 6:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

JDar wrote:
Quote:
Mandy,

here are some of the cornflowers called Mexican Hats. I didn't find a variety of them this morning but the yellow ones and red or orange ones with red trim around the petals are really pretty. These are just snapshots and pale in comparison with your macro.

Joe
Hi Joe, I took some photos of these and didn't like the way mine turned out. Yours look really nice. My photo is featured July 4th on the [email protected] photo of the day...Thanks for sharing your photos.....

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 6:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
JDar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 956
Default

Congratulations for the July 4th POtD on Benel. I'll be sure to celebrate right there.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 7:40 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

JDar wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations for the July 4th POtD on Benel. I'll be sure to celebrate right there.
Well thank you Joe......Happy 4th of July.....we are heading out to Colorado in about 2 wks time and can't wait...maybe will have some new flower pics to post.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:36 PM.