Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jul 11, 2007, 5:47 AM   #11

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Another great shot - this is the one most photographers would strive for, because the wings are sharp - that is because they have paused between the end of the upstroke and beginning of the downstroke. The slight blurring of the others allows a sense ofmovement and direction,andshows the configuration of the wings during the upstroke (2,3) and downstroke (1,5,4,). Even though these are not consecutive shots, you can arrange them in a composite series (2,3,6,1,5,4) to show a nearly complete wing stroke cycle, missing only the end of the downstroke. Thesecan beuseful both scientifically and aesthetically. Again, well done.
Thx!
Anyway, I didn't think about a composit series, but it's a good idea!
Maybe more wing blurring would be more dinamic on the pictures, but I haven't got too much time to set my cam...
Maybe one day I managed to take a few more picture of this wierd creature with other settings...:-)
Bali
callmebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:28 PM   #12

callmebali wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe more wing blurring would be more dinamic on the pictures, but I haven't got too much time to set my cam...
Maybe one day I managed to take a few more picture of this wierd creature with other settings...:-)
Bali
Actually, for the purposes I described, this amount of blur is just right. Sometime when you have the time to spare, arrange a series of thumbnails of the ones youhave already posted in the sequence mentioned above, and you will see how efective it can be.

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 6:10 PM   #13

Excellent catches, and I know how hard there are to come by after following around a White Lined Sphinx moth (similar to hummingbird) one afternoon and getting only a couple of fair shots. In what state did you find this moth? I was shooting in CO.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:34 AM   #14

Excellent! I especially liked #2 & #5.
DaveLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:28 AM   #15

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bali,

Extra ordinary precision work. From the start to the end. I suppose you have been telling more about your patience and methods. Can you provide a link?

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:45 AM   #16

Sorry for the late answer, butI have to rebuilt my computer, so I have some trouble with my internet connection, and now I have to use my brother nick name "Callmegeri".

Anyway, I allways use manual focus, sometimes built in flash, sometimes my Sigma ring flash. Allways shoot handheld, tripod is not working for me, because it's not flexible.

Shooting macro is allways taking many pictures and just few of them is ok. I think it's just like hunting....

Regards and thank you for watching and commenting, Bali
callmegeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:27 AM   #17

WOW
can't say anything else, already hunted after those for some hours (a bit more) and never/ever have gotten so close.

Great shots/work

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:58 AM   #18

Thank you!
bali
balogh is offline   Reply With Quote