Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old May 10, 2008, 4:31 PM   #1

Soft light from an approaching rain shower. Taken with my new 70-300 IS lens.

Enjoy..........

~Mandy
Attached Images

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2008, 2:44 PM   #2

Very nice Amanda. Personally, I think white flowers are some of the prettiest ones God made.
It allows you to look at the beauty of the flower and not be distracted by the color.
perfect lighting!

John
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 6:16 PM   #3

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Very nice Amanda. Personally, I think white flowers are some of the prettiest ones God made.
It allows you to look at the beauty of the flower and not be distracted by the color.
perfect lighting!

John
Thanks John. I was beginning to wonder if there was something awfully ugly about this photo. Everyone has looked at it, but no one bothered to leave any feedback. I agree with you. White is a beautiful color.

p.s. My husband and I are former Goldwingers
Old May 15, 2008, 7:50 PM   #4

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
well... I'm sorry it's former, how come? :sad: Goldwings (IMO) are the best touring bike on the road!:-)
back to the iris, nothing wrong with that picture! I think sometimes people don't say anything because they're afraid of sounding redundant...
John
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 8:02 PM   #5

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
well... I'm sorry it's former, how come? :sad: Goldwings (IMO) are the best touring bike on the road!:-)
back to the iris, nothing wrong with that picture! I think sometimes people don't say anything because they're afraid of sounding redundant...
John
back to the GW. We had a 2002 1800 and I actually had my own Valkyrie Interstate. I decided to get rid of mine and get back on his because of a bout of heat stroke I had doesn't mix with driving a bike. I hated the passenger gig, so we sold his. We are into Jeeping now and loving it. Takes me places the pavement didn't to get the photos of a lifetime.

back to the photo........I thank you again for your kind words. Be safe out there on the road.
Old May 15, 2008, 11:10 PM   #6

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
I was beginning to wonder if there was something awfully ugly about this photo. Everyone has looked at it, but no one bothered to leave any feedback.
Not to worry. Some of mine don't get many comments either, regardless of how good I might think they are. I think it is just that there are so many posts on some of these forums that one can't comment on them all - it is the things that people haven't seen before, ot those that are especially difficult to get, that get the most attention. And don't let the number of views fool you - most of those are lurkers who are not registered and couldn't comment even if they wanted to. Right now there are 312 users on line, only 14 of whom are mambers - the others are "guests" (this has been a slow week).

White flowers are difficult to photograph without blowing out the highlights - you did well with this one. I get few useable ones unless they are taken in the shade or in diffuse light such as you had for this one.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 12:17 PM   #7

penolta wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
I was beginning to wonder if there was something awfully ugly about this photo. Everyone has looked at it, but no one bothered to leave any feedback.
Not to worry. Some of mine don't get many comments either, regardless of how good I might think they are. I think it is just that there are so many posts on some of these forums that one can't comment on them all - it is the things that people haven't seen before, ot those that are especially difficult to get, that get the most attention. And don't let the number of views fool you - most of those are lurkers who are not registered and couldn't comment even if they wanted to. Right now there are 312 users on line, only 14 of whom are mambers - the others are "guests" (this has been a slow week).

White flowers are difficult to photograph without blowing out the highlights - you did well with this one. I get few useable ones unless they are taken in the shade or in diffuse light such as you had for this one.
I agree with the lurkers thing. Thanks for the vote of confidence with the difficulty of blowing out the whites. I have tried this group of iris before and never had any luck. Lighting was just right I guess. Thanks for stopping by.