Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jul 7, 2008, 6:59 PM   #1
spy

9 images. Each @ +/- .5 exposure difference apart. Merged and tone mapped using photomatix.

20d, 70 - 200 2.8
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2008, 7:20 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

spy wrote:

Quote:
9 images. Each @ +/- .5 exposure difference apart. Merged and tone mapped using photomatix.

20d, 70 - 200 2.8
Great water picture, hard to describe in words, like scents. Great photo(s)

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:16 PM   #3

spy wrote:
Quote:

20d, 70 - 200 2.8
Awesome.Like the way the details on the water surface were captured, a bitblurry and yet absolutely well defined to be perceived. The way the detailed were captured made it possible for thewater surface to be turnedinto a thinlayer of glossy, transparent and silky smooth plastic film. The glossiness impacts a feeling of coldness to the senses and gives this shot another sensory dimension. I think this is the magic of changing the ways image is captured: from the realist perspective to the surrealist one ... from the classist to the impressionist.

The first time I heard of merging and tone mapping images using Photomatrix. Would be grateful if you would elaborate a bit more so that I may try it out myself as well. Peter
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:22 AM   #4
spy

Thank you for the replies. Photomatix is a program that works best with high contrast images or you may have an image that just needs that extra detail enhancement using the "high dynamic range" capabilities. Please read from the Photomatix website located here http://www.hdrsoft.com/ and give it a try.

It's worth every penny.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:15 AM   #5

Very abstract feel... nice

Liu
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:16 AM   #6
spy

Here is one more taken last night well after the sun went down and there was just a hint of light in the horizon. I positioned the camera to capture this faint light from the sky to reflect across the lily pads.

To finish this photo, I created 9 different exposures (+/- .5) merged and tone mapped them through Photomatix.

20d, 70 - 200 2.8 non IS, ISO 100, 15 seconds, tripod mount
Attached Images