Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:31 AM   #1

Following the wavy lining of the petal edges, I came up with the following images.

Attached Images

wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:31 AM   #2

Attached Images

Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:33 AM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:35 AM   #4

Attached Images

Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:37 AM   #5

Images from #2 to 5 were doubly exposed and all images were taken with a D200 and a Tamron macro of 180mm in focal length.
Attached Images

Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:15 PM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

wk7leung

Carl von Linné wrote a book "Om sättet att tillhopa gå"

free translation: "About the Way to Come Together"

He was explicit, graphic in his descriptions when he formulated his sexual theory of plants

Would hardly have been printed in Victorian England or in current neo moralistic English speaking areas of the world

These pictures as well as some others you posted recently are very sensual, bordering to ...

A in carne tribute to life

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:40 PM   #7

Thanks for viewing and giving comments. In school, was taught taxonomy about species and came across the conventions established by Carl Linneaeus.He is really a genius.It is worthwhile to visit Wikipedia formore of hisbotanical classification, from which to derive ideas for floral photography and toacquire more knowledge about the plant kingdom through photography. Peter
Old Jul 20, 2008, 2:29 PM   #8

I love these photos!

I'd really likesome advice from you on a good DSLR camera/lens.

I'm buying one for the first time and part of what I want to use if for is pic's like the ones you've taken (I especially like the quality of the petal/leaf veins).

I'm confused on what kind of lens can give you a picture that shows details that the naked eye doesn't easily see.

Is it a zoom lens/macro etc.... ?

I'm looking at the Sony Alpha 200, but I've found a lot of controversy over the competition between Sony, Canon, and Nikon.

I need something I can build on, with reasonably priced good lens (in the future).

I know you can buy older Minolta's lens' for the Sony, but I can't find any that are cheaper that the Canon or Nikon lens' - unless they are manual focus only (I would like manual and auto focus.)

I'd really appreciate any advise.

Thanks,

Katie

KatieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 2:29 AM   #9

Dear KatieAnne,

If I were able to start again, I would choose Canon:

a) it has good camera bodies and a wide repertoise of lens collection;

b) the whole Canon system can provide you with different photographic needs as you further develop in photography; and

c) if you don't like the gears you are using, you can trade them off at a reasonable price.

Nikon will be second in my choice.

Once when you devote your time in dslr, I suggest you refrain from the ideas of using the old gears on the new one. The latest technology really provides you with lots of conveniences in photography, e.g. the creative flash lighting system, the sophisticate metering system, the wireless flash function, and the fast and accurate ultra-sonic focusing capabilities.

Having said all these, I deeply feel that what counts more is constant increase in knowledge on photography, not that of improvement over the gears you are using. As a matter of fact, most of the gears in the camera market are capable delivering similar functions; of course, with a slight bit of difference in the way the functions are being achieved, i.e. some being a bit better than the other.

Finally, thanks for viewing and giving comments.

Peter
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:42 AM   #10

KatieAnne wrote:
Quote:
I'm confused on what kind of lens can give you a picture that shows details that the naked eye doesn't easily see.
Is it a zoom lens/macro etc.... ?
Images from #2 to 5 were doubly exposed and all images were taken with a D200 and a Tamron macro of 180mm in focal length.
Peter