Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Nov 21, 2009, 9:59 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Symphoricarpos albus; Snowberry, Waxberry

Info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphoricarpos
Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:04 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Didn't know they come from America
Attached Images

Old Nov 22, 2009, 4:16 PM   #3

So different from the summer. They hang on into the winter
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:00 AM   #4

Lovely shots, Torgny, specially the last one - # 3. perfection and very nice and mellow mood.

I am very rarely into the Close up-forum, as I do not have any interest in it, but this was an eye-opener!

)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:47 PM   #5

I echo the same feelings as Walter. Photo 3, however is a feast for the eyes....
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancientritual View Post
I echo the same feelings as Walter. Photo 3, however is a feast for the eyes....

Walter_S,

Ancientritual

Thank you for viewing and the comments. I like miniature landscapes. If the light allows it is possible to get good pictures with simple cameras.

If you can choose a small aperture it works well for me, the depth of field will not be so shallow

Waiting for arrival of the spring of course. Promised it to meet up at the station this year and help unpacking. In a way, to me anyhow, spring has not so much to offer in the beginning. Close ups on buds, early awakening butterflies, leaves small as mouse ears

But then... Myriads of small worlds to discover

Torgny

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 22, 2010 at 6:08 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:41 PM   #7

I haven't posted on this thead because I know you made the whole thing up. I checked with Wikopedia, and they clearly state,

"Waxberries are a figment of the imagination of Torgny, who wants to impress his viewers by showing fantasy fruit." I would give you the link, but my machine crashes every time I try to copy it.

These images, actually look like you took real pictures; stunning, imaginative, sureal and yet all to real. If it wasn't for Wiki I would have fallen for them.

(Ok, ok, sorry about the "humour" Great shots!)

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
I haven't posted on this thead because I know you made the whole thing up. I checked with Wikopedia, and they clearly state,

"Waxberries are a figment of the imagination of Torgny, who wants to impress his viewers by showing fantasy fruit." I would give you the link, but my machine crashes every time I try to copy it.

These images, actually look like you took real pictures; stunning, imaginative, sureal and yet all to real. If it wasn't for Wiki I would have fallen for them.

(Ok, ok, sorry about the "humour" Great shots!)

Dave

Dave,

Like that kind of humour. People are not important enough not to have a healthy self distance which is necessary to view things from different angles

(I really have truoble with English, sorry, trouble)

Pictures are important though, especially if they are reflective to "reality", whatever that is

(Knirk, knirk, that d..... rockingchair needs some lubricant)

//T