Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:26 PM   #21

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
100 f2.0 or the 85 1.8 either would be great. also a 70-200 2.8 would be almost ideal for that purpose.
Yes, (sigh) or even the 135 mm perhaps? The 70-200 non IS seems to be out of stock over here

//T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:29 PM   #22

The ef 28-135mm IS USM is not a bad option for dogs. Is is not as bright as the 2.8 but if you are taken the photos of dogs outdoors on good light days. It has a very fast AF motor.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:30 PM   #23

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Lovely shot Torgny. Cant wait for spring and summer here hope it starts soon we had SNOW to day big 4 inch wide snowflakes they were big falling out of the sky I was like WOW.... hope the earth did not tilt back to winter!?
SSG,

No, it won't tilt back, not if I'm in charge and I soon expect to be It happens that there is snow falling in April over here. The farmers in the south used to say that the snow is a good fertilizer for the sheep

//T
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
nice shot.... im thinking of getting one of those led ring lights to try out for lighting close ups what did you use torgny? an external or the built in camera flash?

simple,

If you like black backgrounds you can use spotmetering. I have basically never let a camera fire a flash so I can't give you anything on that

//T
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
The ef 28-135mm IS USM is not a bad option for dogs. Is is not as bright as the 2.8 but if you are taken the photos of dogs outdoors on good light days. It has a very fast AF motor.
Yes, ok. I have a 24-105 L IS USM but it has never been sharp, never. Probably not the best copy Canon's own tolerances are far broader than their Service Centers

Thank you

//T
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:51 PM   #26

I would send it to canon to have the L lens service, and see if they can resolve the sharpness issue.

The new 28-135 that comes with the 7D is better then the original 28-135 that were out in the film days. I have been happy with the one I have, it is pretty sharp, and fast in AF department.