7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2010, 4:51 PM   #2

LTZ -

These and your other shots are really great. I have really been enjoying them. What setting are you using?

I have been struggling a little to get the best out of my FZ35 in various situations. Some shots come out great and others not so much. I guess its a trial and error process. There are so many options on that camera.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 5:44 PM   #3

Nice work LTZ!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 5:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzer251 View Post
LTZ -

These and your other shots are really great. I have really been enjoying them. What setting are you using?

I have been struggling a little to get the best out of my FZ35 in various situations. Some shots come out great and others not so much. I guess its a trial and error process. There are so many options on that camera.
Jaz you will get it just take the FZ35 with you everywhere and remember:
Shoot "Wide Open" in "A" Mode when there is not great lighting I.E. cloudy or shade and swith the AWB to Clouds or Shade setting...for anything moving at any rate of speed you have to freeze it with anywhere from 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1300 Shutter Speed you can somewhat stop a slow object at 1/640 Shutter Speed, but will still see a little blur...
My biggest problm is moving the camera when I click the shutter to take the shot that's where most of the blur's or Out of Focus comes from over pushing/mashing the shutter...stay in Mode 2 on Stabilisation...keep it on Qa (Quick AF)...Spot Focus and Spot Metering for Macros...

Dial set on "A" = Wide open - 2.8 or as wide as the camera also the camera will increase the Shutter Speed very high when in this mode in sunlight or bright lights so it doesn't over expose so i use it a lot as it will also eliminate camera shake when the Shutter Speed is very high

Dial set on "S" = Fast Shutter speed set to 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1300 for birds in flight etc...it takes about 1/320 second Shutter Speed to eliminate camera shake also...

Thes are just guide lines I know a lot of people like to use "P" mode, but I like to choose my Aperture and Shutter speed depending on situation...if something is swaying in the wind use "AF Tracking" as I had to for some of these Butterfly shots due to the wind gusting...

Start off with flowers around the house...shoot the same flower inside and outside under different lighting changing Mode every couple of shots then download and evaluate...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 6:34 PM   #5

Forgot to mention, the bee in #3 is fantastic!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 7:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Jaz you will get it just take the FZ35 with you everywhere and remember:
Shoot "Wide Open" in "A" Mode when there is not great lighting I.E. cloudy or shade and swith the AWB to Clouds or Shade setting...for anything moving at any rate of speed you have to freeze it with anywhere from 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1300 Shutter Speed you can somewhat stop a slow object at 1/640 Shutter Speed, but will still see a little blur...
My biggest problm is moving the camera when I click the shutter to take the shot that's where most of the blur's or Out of Focus comes from over pushing/mashing the shutter...stay in Mode 2 on Stabilisation...keep it on Qa (Quick AF)...Spot Focus and Spot Metering for Macros...

Dial set on "A" = Wide open - 2.8 or as wide as the camera also the camera will increase the Shutter Speed very high when in this mode in sunlight or bright lights so it doesn't over expose so i use it a lot as it will also eliminate camera shake when the Shutter Speed is very high

Dial set on "S" = Fast Shutter speed set to 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1300 for birds in flight etc...it takes about 1/320 second Shutter Speed to eliminate camera shake also...

Thes are just guide lines I know a lot of people like to use "P" mode, but I like to choose my Aperture and Shutter speed depending on situation...if something is swaying in the wind use "AF Tracking" as I had to for some of these Butterfly shots due to the wind gusting...

Start off with flowers around the house...shoot the same flower inside and outside under different lighting changing Mode every couple of shots then download and evaluate...

LTZ - Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a shot. I too tend to like A, S or even Manual over P mode if I have time to set the shots. As you say, I need to take lots of pictures and check them out ... and ask questions. I am working with two cameras that I purchased not too far apart (the other is a Canon S90), which may be making the learning curve a little longer because I don't always have the FZ35 with me. Now I'm considering a ZS3 or ZS7 also -- I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 6:14 PM   #7

Great shots!

The bee was my favorite.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheeseboy2/
Comments appreciated.
cheeseboy is offline   Reply With Quote