Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Dec 11, 2003, 3:03 AM   #1

Default UNLOVING SPOONFUL

Do you take cream in your coffee, or do you take it black...widow?http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...&id=4199820154
Jack Nickelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:48 AM   #2

Love it,
Do you take your coffee with be one spyder or two?

Did you use the [ img ] tags so the picture shows up in the message? Looks like you may have used the [ url ] tags instead.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 11:47 AM   #3

Thanks Peter.....This stuff's all new to me, so I don't really know the best place to store my pics online. They have to be free for me. I've tried a couple of different places so far, but neither has allowed me to use the IMG tags. I just get the RED X, so I've had to use the URL tags. Sorry!
Old Dec 11, 2003, 11:53 AM   #4

Here is your image from your current pic storage site

I had to cut the link down to [ img ]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p32fa983fdba681fc2ea946f99a791677/fa542b7a.jpg.orig.jpg[ /img ]
I'm using Photobucket They even provide you with the img link to cut/paste into your post. I like them quite a bit.

Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:34 PM   #5

That it's a great shot really goes without saying (but I guess I just said it, didn't I?), so what I want to know is the story of the picture. Did you discover the little devil and coax it onto the spoon? I'm thinking this might have been the case since the spoon looks unused is lying on the ground. Do tell all.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 1:09 PM   #6

Thanks again Peter, is that PhotoBucket site free? If so, I may have to check into that.....Hey Barbara, since you asked for the story, I will tell you, but concidering the fact that I've read several of your posts on this site, and have detected that you are a very sweet ladie, I'm not sure you're gonna like the ending. I seem to recall in one of your post's that you even had a little jumping spider that you had to shoo away from your sink from time to time. Anyway, this story has a tragic ending ( for the spider ), but here goes. A fellow coworker brought the spider to work in a jar. He had found it around his home and knew of someone at work that had never seen a black widow. So when he got finished with show and tell, and scaring the crap out people with it, he let me have it, and since I had my camera along, I thought it would make a great photo opp. Even though I'm pretty skidish of spiders myself, especially the deadly kind. I'm ok so long as they're not on me. That's where the spoon comes in. I needed a way to manipulate her without actually touching her as I am no crocodile hunter. I wasn't about to pick up up by one leg dangling her in front of my face saying what a beautiful girl she is. :lol: Anyway, I took the jar outside and dumped her in the grass, and armed with an UZI in one hand and a plastic spoon in the other, I started shooting, but once while trying to position her, she crawled on the spoon. Instinctively, I let go of the spoon, which is what led to this shot. Anyway, shortly after, she made a run for a thick patch of clover and hid underneath. I proded around with that spoon, but couldn't find her again. I started thinking about some innocent sole walking by and getting a black widow crawling up there leg, so I knew what I had to do. I stood there stomping the grass and clover over and over for about a 6 foot by 6 foot area to be sure I got her. When I got done, it kind of looked like the military had dropped one of those daisy cutter bombs. :lol: I thought later how stupid I might have looked to an onlooker. They would be like, look at that guy, he's having a fit of some sort. :lol: Anyway, that's the story.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 1:34 PM   #7

Jack, I pictured every move you made right on down to the bitter end, laughing the whole way. But sweet? Nah, I'm only suppressing what my family terms "a most peculiar sense of humor." So, what would I have done had I been there? Joined you in the great stomping episode, particularly since my husband was the victim this past summer of what was most likely a brown recluse spider. Our revised opinion: if they aren't an idiot daddy longlegs or a cute jumping spider, we say, "Smoosh 'em!"
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 2:16 PM   #8

yup, the photobucket is free.

Sounds like a Garfield the Cat end for that spyder