Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephotog View Post
I like them all. My favorites though are the thread and scissors and the tacks. Good job.
Thank you Amanda for your kind words.
The thread is the one I like the most too.
I,m finding myself looking round the house for interesting things now, It's heavy rain outside so great time to practice some close ups.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:48 AM   #12

# 1 and # 4 are my favorites, but they are all good and unusual interesting.

There is one thing though, Mark:

I fear that your series are just a little too big, too much to appreciat in a short time. They contain so many good pictures for us to comment. Every time I open one of your posts, I look at the pictures and think "...this is good, I have to comment on it.." - and then I go on to the second one - and I think the same "..I want to comment on this one because..." - and so on. At the end I have seen 10 good shots I want to comment - and I forgot what really sprung to my mind when looking at the first one.
Understand?

So, in order to keep it simple, I just write a general (but usually short...) impression.

If you are just out to get this general impression-comments, then it's o.k. - but if you would like to get more attention - and comments - to each picture, I advise you to not post more than maximum 3 pictures at a time - or do like Torgny does - start a series and give us one picture now and then the next one after some hours, and so on - this makes a series more exciting to look at.

No offence, Mark - I like your style and I like looking at your pictures. It's sometimes just too much to comment on each individual picture.

Best regards,
Walter

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:04 AM   #13

Hi Walter,
Thanks so much for your comments, and for taking the time to write so much. I can see what you say. I have felt the same when looking at others series.
It is great to have some general feedback to see if I,m going in the right direction but also would be nice to get some specific points but I realize it's all to much in one go for that.
Torgny,s Idea sounds great.
I,m never sure if my post will be interesting to anyone so post everything in one go in the hope there will be something likable to make it worth looking. ( sounds desperate)
I,m always over the moon if theres one pic someone likes.

I have Bipolar disorder and fluctuate between crippling depression and huge highs were I,m creative. The photography is so great for me, and is helping me to help myself through the dark times. It,s so inspiring looking at peoples pics and chatting to such a great bunch of people. Much more up than down now and it's thanks to my friends on here and my hobby.
Very much appreciated Walter, Matey.
Thank you.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:59 AM   #14

Heyyyy mate, I think you out done yourself on the scissors and spools that is really great!!! The Tacks are pretty sharp also.... The lighters came through with flying colors, and the last one of the lights zoom right out to me Thanks for the views Frank
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:38 AM   #15

Whaaay, cheers my ol matey Mate.
""The Tacks are pretty sharp also"" Lol, U is a comedian.
Thanks Frank thats all good to know.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:35 PM   #16

Very creative! I really like 5, 6 and the last one. Which camera?
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:11 PM   #17

Hi Saly,
Thank you, I used the d5000 with the 18-55 kit lens. Found the live view quite handy when it's on a tripod for this type of thing. Got a remote from e bay for 3 and that worked brilliantly. Cheers Saly.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorman View Post
Hi Saly,
Thank you, I used the d5000 with the 18-55 kit lens. Found the live view quite handy when it's on a tripod for this type of thing. Got a remote from e bay for 3 and that worked brilliantly. Cheers Saly.
Mark
A GREAT CAMERA ....i recommended it to my friend he is real chuffed with it , i like the first shot the best im going to ave to pick your brain soon and learn some of your pp skills via your flickr account
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
A GREAT CAMERA ....i recommended it to my friend he is real chuffed with it , i like the first shot the best im going to ave to pick your brain soon and learn some of your pp skills via your flickr account
Whayy cheeers Simon, Pick my Brains on the PP? Your welcome Mateyyy, I,m honoured to think your interested in my Pp. I cant think though there will be anything I do that your not already brilliant at. I love what you do with your pics. Your pics and the comments on Topaz got me interested in that.

D5000, loving it.
Now I find the menu really great and quick. It's quite dinky and has a great comfortable grip. I cant believe how good the low light pics with high iso are. My compact has grain like golf balls at 800
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000