Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:18 PM   #11

I ran one of your shots through my action, pretty much 2-3 clicks and check out the eyes. If you have any version of photoshop, this action can save an infinite amount of soft images. Just hit play and you have a clear shot.

Also look at the plants on the rock.

I really wonder what this action would do an a some of the crystal clear shots posted on here.

BTW Actions can be loaded in photoshop in "window" >> "action" and click the ">" at the right top.

You play an action and it does a lot of things to a photo, you can edit it and make your own.

If you want to try/use the action, ask, it's free.

Cheers.
Attached Images

Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:55 PM   #12

Hi Mole & lorenw - thanks for all the info, advice and encouragement. I have Photoshop Elements 7 on my pc, but I am pretty hopeless at using it as it is all in french and i find it very confusing - technical and IT stuff like this is so much easier in English. Thanks for letting me know about the dust spots, I did not even notice them until it was pointed out ........ daft questions, but how do I get rid of these?? Will the automatic cleaning do the trick?? Once again, all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again - Dyane
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:40 PM   #13

Does your Canon have a function in the menu to allow you to set cleaning on start up or shutdown?
I also clean my camera by removing the lens (duuuuur) and using a rubber blower to blow out any dust. Doesn't matter how careful you are when changing lenses, the dust seems to find its way inside.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:50 PM   #14

Hi Banksy, thanks for having a look and for the feedback. I have the camera set up to "sensor clean" on shut down. Just been away this week and have not noticed the dust spots so hopefully the problem is sorted. However I now have a hair stuck in the viewfinder hmmmmmmm !! Still it does not affect the photos