Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Mar 27, 2004, 11:35 PM   #1

Default Daffodils

Its spring time on Virginia.

Just trying to get to know my D100.

The hardest part has been trying to figure out processing after the images are taken. There seems to be a lot of options.

Robert Szabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2004, 1:21 PM   #2

You did a very nice job. Don't worry about trying to learn all the options for post-processing. One-by-one and inch-by-inch, you'll learn all of them. More important is for you and your camera to get real cozy with each other. Good pictures are made in the camera, not the software.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2004, 4:48 PM   #3

I agree with Barbra, You can achieve amazing results with no post processing, But it takes time and effort to learn what your camera will do..Ask questions, read all you can, Lurk in these forums... and experiment, experiment, experiment, Make it a challange and it will become fun.. Study exif information you will get in Nikon view...When I set up to shoot ,I think first what effect am I after.. then I go after it.... Maybe a few frames I will have it ,maybe 200 who knows... once the pic is in my mind I will not quit till I have it.. I am very satisfied when after toiling over a shot and I go to nikon view and hit a few "Auto" buttons and the pic hardley changes, then I know I have created someting I did, Not the computer.. For me this is very gratifying... Ok as far as your pic ,it is done very well ... Next time ISO 200, wb Shade, Program Auto for now, and block the direct sunlight ,and the yellows will not be so blown out..If you like feel free, to check some of our post here(Those who shoot the Nikon D-100) and you will see what the Nikon D-100 is capable of...Good Luck...
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote