Default SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG!!

in New Jersey....trees are finally showing signs of life

enjoy

'

i'm not very happy with them.....but.....i'll shoot some more....eventually
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:04 AM   #2

Like your 1st picture I've been trying for back lit flowers(what else) and like you have been getting washed out highlights. This didn't happen with my 35mm but happens alot with digital. If you figure out how to fix this problem, please tell me.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 5:02 PM   #3

well..the first one i overexposed....and then tried to fix in photoshop..lol...which if you look at it again....it looks like i played in photoshop.....

i'm not sure about backlighting.....i would guess you would expose for the highlights....or maybe a halfstop-stop over that....
Old Apr 22, 2004, 6:48 PM   #4

Tip time... when shooting outside artificial lighting is basicly useless (except fill flash).. unless your subject is blocked of from the sun... You will not have enough power from lights to over power the sun...that is why, Blocking out the sun or shooting in the shade is so important .. Vitto your DOF is impresive, But for sunlight shots like these you need to get close.. this is a fine oportunity to get crisp, sharp, shots... JMHO your subject is well.. Blah..But that is just the subject.. the second pic is done extremley well except for the Blah..And that is not your fault...When you pic a subject remember Blah.. You are a fine young photographer (when I was your age my finger, Strap, Cord is all I got over the lens) and I am enjoying seeing you talent improve..Plus your maturity here on this forum is quite impresive..Good Luck..Me Amigo
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 6:52 PM   #5

thanks VERY MUCH! very encouraging dale

about the "blah" subject......it wasn't that "blah" at the time....but i didn't capture it well enough :-\ .....it was exciting to see some foliage coming out and i liked the lighting....
Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:34 PM   #6

I am glad to see you said "but I didn't quite capture it well enough" this is your own artistic eye comming out. One of the first steps to becoming a great photographer.. Some people never develope the trait.. That you must strive for exellance and nothing less.. you see alot of snapshots here, anyone can get those, but a photograph, is in story told in in your capture. and you are becoming a storyteller..Keep it up.. and good luck..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:36 PM   #7

oh man.....another encouraging post
two in a row! that is a record man!!! lol

thanks dude
i need to empty my card...i have some buds growing in my yard...so when i get the time i'll check'm out..