Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:01 PM   #1

Default The Season of Optimism

This is my favorite time of year....lots of fresh new "targets", many more to come I hope, Lord willin & the creek don't rise.....

Titled "Bustin Out"

Titled "Purpose"
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:04 PM   #2

nice job...good clarity....good DOF....nice bg in the first one
second background gives a sense that you climbed the tree or shot out a window...lol
nice

i'm not sure if this would help the picture....but i wonder if cropping the first shot a little to put the flower more in the "thirds" area......
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:13 PM   #3

Thx Vito,
I'm not sure I've got a grip on that "thirds" theory. I've heard it but not certain how it may be applied here. I wanted to keep at least one of the two unopened buds in the crop...any more detailed suggestion on this one?

The second is the result of having a tall monopod planted on the raised toe of my shoe with my heel planted firmly on the ground, while the LCD of the camera was aimed down at me. I could barely see it and needed to reach pretty high to hit the shutter. Someone may be turning in a pic of me shooting the pic. A stepladder wasn't handy. Took several others which had roadway and other little nastys in the way of a decent crop.....thanks
Old Apr 24, 2004, 11:18 AM   #4

quite nice photos, although I would also have a go at cropping the first one. What kind of flowers are these? they look quite tiny.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 2:24 PM   #5

The top flower is a species of dwarf lilac, but I don't know specifics. The park it is in has 200 species of lilacs. Of course Lombard, Illinois is called The Lilac Village. The park is just starting to peak and these buds are fully open now.....just got back from there again.....Thx for the feedback.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 5:31 PM   #6
Nor

Would you be able to tell me how you did the image frame. Looks great, a plug in available ?
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 7:51 PM   #7

Actually I did nothing to get that frame. I posted the pic at my www link site and when I linked to this thumb, this is what comes up. I like the white border also but it's pure magic.....
Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:06 PM   #8
Nor

Ah right okay mate thanks. Managed to do it myself in photoshop but thought there may be a plugin to make things simpler It does look very good like you say.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote