Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:29 PM   #1

Default The Butterfly Effect

This little SOB was throwing the autofocus system on the FZ1 for a loop. I'm guessing because the black and white lines that make up his body are not "sharp" it was confusing my Panasonic's autofucus system. Times like these makes me wish I had a SLR with a manual focus ring instead of trying to get a good focus on a LCD or EVF. Resized on photoshop with no other post processing.

JinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:46 PM   #2

Default Re: The Butterfly Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinE
This little GUYwas throwing the autofocus system on the FZ1 for a loop. I'm guessing because the black and white lines that make up his body are not "sharp" it was confusing my Panasonic's autofucus system. Times like these makes me wish I had a SLR with a manual focus ring instead of trying to get a good focus on a LCD or EVF. Resized on photoshop with no other post processing.

not bad not bad.....i've tried shooting butterflies...and depending on there "business" they can be pretty evasive....lol

the focus is a little off like you said.....but the exposure is good.....and your DOF throws the background nicely out of focus...
nice
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 4:59 AM   #3

I agree, it would make a perfect one if it was focused. But have you tried to do something in PS? It might help. Butterfles are great subject for macros, I haven't run into one yet but I'm more than keen to Happy hunting mate
zuhdo is offline   Reply With Quote