Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:02 PM   #1

Default Variety of Lilacs

Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:25 PM   #2

Default Re: Variety of Lilacs

This should work a tad better :

bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:28 PM   #3

The first and third photos need more contrast. If you're using software that has levels or curves, tweak the two ends of the scale. Sometimes it also helps to slightly darken the mid-range.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:28 PM   #4

Although the images didn't display here, I went to each of the URL's and looked at the images. I like the first one (white lilacs) the best. It has a clean, sharp appearance that invokes the fealing that everything is right in the world. It gives me a feeling of peace to look at it.

The second photo (purple lilacs) is a little fuzzy. Since I have seen thousands of purple lilacs, it didn't invoke any kind of feeling in me...just a picture of lilacs.

The third photo (light lavender lilacs) looks dirty to me. I realize it is not dirty. It is just the the unopened buds are kind of brown and dark. Just glancing at the photo, it looks like it is dirty. Perhaps it would have been better to find a cluster of blooms that had more opened up. Then the color of the buds would not be so dominant.

I would rank the order of the photos from best to needs improvement, they would be 1, 2, 3, the same order as posted. These opinions are mine and mine alone, but I really like the first one.

Barbara, what did you change from his original post to get the images to show? The links looked ok to me.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:39 PM   #5

Quote:
what did you change from his original
He had some extraneous stuff at the end having to do with color, which seemed to be the culprit. I removed the extra tags and up popped the pix.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 2:14 PM   #6

Thank you both for the suggestions and Barb, for the fix. What did you remove because I posted elsewhere last evening with the same result...I'd like to get it right. Thx, Bob
Old Apr 27, 2004, 2:32 PM   #7

Before saying anything, I truly appreciate all suggestions. With no intent to be defensive, perhaps a few additional words will help.

I have a slightly different viewpoint about the light lavender colored flower. It seemed to convey the promise of the season, the range of possibility, the transition or birth of each individual bud....The buds are the fetus (not always the prettiest, but promising), the opened flowers (promise fulfilled), the young child.

I'm going to this park every other day and geting transitional shots of these flowers. It's a Lilac Museum if you will. The whites were actually a gorgeous chartreuse a few days ago. There are 200 varieties there and all are in varying states of bud to bloom (and an extensive range of color from light pinks, to maroon and all shades of purple and some blues). For the next few weeks I'll have to pay $2.00 each time I go in there.

I played with contrast a bit and added just a smidge. It seemed to be getting too unnaturally colored. Perhaps it's my software. I use MS Photo Image Pro and am just starting to practice a bit with Ulead PhotoImpact 7. Maybe that will give me more options going forward.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 5:59 PM   #8

Quote:
[color = yellow] [/color]
Look at the tail end of the link. You'll see color codes like those I've quoted, though I had to add spaces to get them to show properly. That's what was messing it all up. I can't figure out, however, why it also messed up the first two links.