Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 7, 2004, 1:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
ferny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,866
Default











ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2004, 4:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
ferny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,866
Default

Are they so bad no-one has any comments to make? :-)
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 4:37 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
jackrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,191
Default

Actually they're very good Ferny. I just don't like dandelions as they keep invading my garden. :-)My favourites are 2 and 4, also if you want any more to photograph i'm sure i'll have hundreds in the next few weeks. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 4:46 AM   #4
Moderator
 
selvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,204
Default

ferny,

Remember, you posted these about 2:00am in the morning Eastern Seaboard time. But I have to agree its been up some time and only a nibble. Anyhow, I love sequential shots like this that bare the soul of the flower.

I'd say the last three are four are very well done.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 5:05 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
ferny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,866
Default

selvin wrote:
Quote:
Remember, you posted these about 2:00am in the morning Eastern Seaboard time.*
I know and I don't like it myself when people make the sort of post I just made. I did have second thoughts about asking but thought "what the hey, just do it".
People don't seem to comment on my photos as much as others. I was currious if it was because they were low quality, rubbish or something else. If they're crap I'd still like to know. That why I can change things next time.

I like the first one, full size that made a great print out on an A4 sheet. The colouring in the last two are wrong. For some reason all of the pictures came out with a purple hue which I have corrected, in my eyes atleast. The last two had a grey/green hue which I tried to correct but I can still see it.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 11:48 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
photosbyvito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,710
Default

ferny wrote:
Quote:
selvin wrote:
Quote:
Remember, you posted these about 2:00am in the morning Eastern Seaboard time.
I know and I don't like it myself when people make the sort of post I just made. I did have second thoughts about asking but thought "what the hey, just do it".
People don't seem to comment on my photos as much as others. I was currious if it was because they were low quality, rubbish or something else. If they're crap I'd still like to know. That why I can change things next time.

I like the first one, full size that made a great print out on an A4 sheet. The colouring in the last two are wrong. For some reason all of the pictures came out with a purple hue which I have corrected, in my eyes atleast. The last two had a grey/green hue which I tried to correct but I can still see it.

ok...the coloring problem is probably White Balance...you probably know this already but if you don't ...check your camera's manual....it normally is pretty easy to find and change in manual mode.....btw...whitebalance is the cameras way of making up for the orange tint in tungsten lighting (incadenscent) and all the others...you should have an "auto" setting...which works well in most cases....

and the post thing.....sometimes it takes a little while being here to have people look at your photo.....it's hard to explain...but once you've been here a little while...and posted some...and all that...people will recognize your name more...and want to see wat you've shot....

lol...at least that is how i think it is....and how i think it was for me....



oh yeah!..your shots....

these are very nice...clear, well composed, good angles..technically very good shots...and i like how you took some that had missing "petals" (watever you call them...lol)....and then the last one had none! i know a couple people here that like shots of subjects that are more realistic....not perfect..you know wat i mean?

ok...i'm done..

nice shots
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 4:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
ferny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,866
Default

Quote:
photosbyvito wrote:
ok...the coloring problem is probably White Balance...you probably know this already but if you don't ...check your camera's manual....it normally is pretty easy to find and change in manual mode.....btw...whitebalance is the cameras way of making up for the orange tint in tungsten lighting (incadenscent) and all the others...you should have an "auto" setting...which works well in most cases....
The camera has a white balance setting and a lighting setting (indoor, outdoor and two others). I know what the colour setting does but never knew what the white balance did. I just assumed that it made it darker or lighter. :shock:

Quote:
and the post thing.....sometimes it takes a little while being here to have people look at your photo.....it's hard to explain...but once you've been here a little while...and posted some...and all that...people will recognize your name more...and want to see wat you've shot....
Just like any other forum then?
Quote:
these are very nice...clear, well composed, good angles..technically very good shots...and i like how you took some that had missing "petals" (watever you call them...lol)....and then the last one had none! i know a couple people here that like shots of subjects that are more realistic....not perfect..you know wat i mean?

ok...i'm done..

nice shots
They're the seeds of the flower. They start off bright yellow which are replaced but all of these tiny seeds which the wind carries away. I'm sure you must have seen them. When you're little you pick them and blow the fairies away. :-)
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2004, 6:14 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
ferny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,866
Default

Sorry, I was thinking of something else. I've just looked at the camera and what I thought was the white balance setting wasn't. It was exposure compensation.
So it has five WB settings. Auto, Outdoors, Cool White Fluorescent Light, Standard Fluorescent Light and Incandescent Light. I leave it on Auto most of the time. I do know what it does from reading about different films. The EV goes from +1.5, +1.2, +.9, +.6, +.3, 0, -.3, -.6, -.9, -1.2, -1.5. That is the one I change normally.

I should read the manual more often. :O :-)

Still, that doesn't explain why it had a purple hue. I did take it in cloudy weather and the background was clear glass looking out into the garden. Maybe that would do it.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:12 PM.