Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 5, 2004, 3:27 PM   #1

here are the pictures i took a couple weeks ago that i was trying to "fake" rain....lol

the first one is squirting water out of a squirt bottle....i think it looks more like rain

the second one is pouring water through my hand behind the flowers....

i like the composition of the second one much better because the water weighed down the flowers without me noticing and the weren't fully in the picture (grr i'm soo stupid)

well enjoy

Vito

Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2004, 3:42 PM   #2

I'm reading this whilst waiting for some more wet hibiscus photos to upload to photobucket. :lol:

I prefer the first. The rain looks natural but in the second one I don't think it does. There are too many different kinds of rain drops in it, some big and some small. Not all going in the same direction. In the first they are uniform. Also, in the second you have flowers at the top and bottom but little of interest in the middle.
The first is excellent though. Really good.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 3:49 PM   #3

I like number 1 too. Looks like theweather we had lately. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 6:26 PM   #4

Number one for me, too. For the same reasons as ferny. The raindrops on the right in the second one are distracting to me.

Awesome pics! Now go for a Dale with some AMAZINg lighting like that one of his tulip!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 7:02 PM   #5

Is it real water or fake water, oh never mind. I like the first one as well but the flowers in back don't look wet. I would expect to see some reflections off drops.

Went to Wally world today. Dim, very dim...it's Sat. Anyway after looking at LED lights for 30 minutes I began to get a migraine. 15 different kinds. Some with bands for your head some with clips and one with extra lenses but it was a big honker of a flashlight. Price ranges from $6.00 to over $20.00. Way too much thought for me today.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:22 PM   #6

good point kayd.....the thing is.....i sprayed them when i started.....and i sprayed the fence....lol....but i think it dried up or evaporated by the time i shot this one....
Old Jun 6, 2004, 6:19 PM   #7

I like the first image too - the colors are really nice.

I live in Washington state where we get lot's of the "real" stuff (rain)so the thought ofsomeonethinking highly enough about rain to want to"fake" it iskind of funny to me. I want the rain to stop and here's someone out theremaking fake rain!

Our azalias bloom during a time it rains the most so the flowers don't last long. They get "rained to death" (turn intowet, limp, stuck together, drooping brown clusters.) This is the first year we didn't get the rains we usually get and the azalia blooms lasted for about a month -vs. about a week in the rain!
Becky0669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 9:06 PM   #8

haha....it's not that we don't get enough rain...but its just the effect the rain has on the flowers that i wanted to try....and i'd rather control the rain then sit out getting drenched