Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:44 PM   #1
djb

first critters using the raynox 2.2x tele lense on my s602z. these pix were taken just after a big hawk flew overhead about 30 feet off the ground chased by 2 crows. the hawk bumped one of the crows and almost knocked it out of the air. they were too fast to get a pic. all critters ran to hide as the hawk flew by as well as all birds stopped chirping.

dennis

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2004, 5:04 PM   #2

I got the best picture (with digital) of our squirrel today. He was having a drink. They're lovely aren't they. Bet they'd tare you to bits if you tried to give it a cuddle though.
You've captured them well. The first looks slightly soft but the second one is nice and sharp.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 5:51 PM   #3
djb

oopps!!!! these were supposed to be in the wildlife forum. any way to move them there?

dennis
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:50 PM   #4

good shots, Im thinking of buying that lens, are you happy with it??
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 2:48 PM   #5
djb

Lady, i am happy with the lense. today i took some pics of a blue heron and there is a bit of fringing but i can tolerate that. i'll probably post the pics tomorrow or in a couple of days. i needed more tele and it does the job. if you think the quality of the squirrel (blurry) and the chipmunk pics are good enough for you, then i think you will be happy because they are not really very good shots. the squirrel is blurred due to a combination of movement and out of focus. i hand hold all my shots no matter what i take. opportunities pop up and are usually gone by the time i move a tripod into place. so, yeah, i'm satisfied for what it is.

dennis