Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:36 PM   #11

For those who don't want to bother with the html coding you can do this completely by using the message editor for this board.

Hit the Insert Image button and provide the url of the small image.

After the image displays in the editor, highlight the image and hit the Insert Link button and provide the url of the big image.

Done.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:56 PM   #12
djb

well, i tried editing this post using geoffs method and i guess i deleted my text. i guess you can't do it in editor?? when i highlight the picture it also seems to go outside the editing box. and when i send it there is part of the link in text before and after the picture. next time i post a picture i'll try it then.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:00 PM   #13

No, my instructions do work but you have to be precise in your highlighting of JUST the image you inserted. I've posted using these exact same steps.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:49 PM   #14
djb

[font="comic sans ms"][size=1&nostamp=1">
]
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:52 PM   #15
djb

so what do you see?? just the picture was highlighted and the url for the link was done and i see just a bit of text near the picture. when the picture was highlighted there appeared a red border around it so i thought it was okay. i guess i'm doing something really wrong. is there a way to delete a reply?

dennis
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:17 PM   #16

djb wrote:
Quote:
is there a way to delete a reply?
I think that only moderators can do that. I've wanted such a capability a few times.

Dennis, check out this thread for an example of a posting I made using the method I explained above.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:45 PM   #17
djb

geoffs, that's what i want to do. maybe it's in my selecting/highlighting the picture. if i left click on the picture it gives me a "sizing box" where i can stretch or resize the existing image. how do you select just the picture?
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:59 PM   #18

you should be able to just click on it....and it will put those boxes around it....or maybe if you drag over it..

i'll try it on my next post...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 11:04 PM   #19

djb wrote:
Quote:
geoffs, that's what i want to do. maybe it's in my selecting/highlighting the picture. if i left click on the picture it gives me a "sizing box" where i can stretch or resize the existing image. how do you select just the picture?
Dennis, you need to left click just to the left or just to the right of the small image and drag your mouse across it until it is highlighted. I don't get the sizing boxes when I do that (if I remember correctly). Then, just do the Insert Link.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 11:10 PM   #20
djb

still get garbage. could it be the shared website doesn't allow it? i'm as dense as a doorknob with this stuff!!!