Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:06 AM   #1

These are a couple close-ups of a Vito model 7212 clarinet, one of the most popular student clarinet models in the world. The second photo I used a vari-cross filter on to give the effect of the light bouncing off the keys.

Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:36 AM   #2

Very nice photos. I really like the second one, there is some flare on the left of the photo that is somewhat distracting but this is a beautiful instrument, very photogenicand the vari-cross filter makes for some beautiful rainbows.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:24 AM   #3

ohhh, so you found my clarinet! i was wondering where i put it.....

lol

could you throw that filter my way? that second shot is soooo cool!

nice shots i appreciate the thought

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 1:14 PM   #4

Thanks for the kind remarks. I do really like the second shot a lot but if I'd had my tripod handy and a little more time to play it would have been nice to get some of the glare off the left end of the shot. Not bad, though, for handheld and just a quickie shot.

Hey Vito, what size are the threads on the front of your lens? I bought a grab bag box of assorted camera stuff off ebay and got about 7 or 8 filters and a couple other things pretty useful for about 20 dollars total. I just typed in the thread size I needed and used the plural "Filters" instead of singular and I got all kinds of auctions for assortments of filters, I was pretty surprised. Most of them don't go for a lot of money, either. It's a pretty good way to get a handful of things to play around with. I got my Canon 50mm lens I use for reverse lens stuff off ebay as well for about 15 dollars shipped. I got a little better deal on that one though, as the lens filter threads on it are goofed up a little, but I don't use them anyway, since I put it on my cam backward, so it works just fine for me. :-)
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote