Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:25 AM   #1

Hi guys;

I just picked upa set of Hoya Close-up filters. (+1, +2, +4). This is one of my first shots, taken at full zoom, with all three filters (in the correct order, I hope).

I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Attached Images

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:39 PM   #2

Very interesting Tom. Makes me want to give up candy ......Thinking I would like to get involved in close-ups also. Came across this adapter on ebay and am hoping you could help me with a question.What advantage, or disadvantage, would I get from the hood?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...76402&rd=1

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:19 PM   #3

Hi Dan;

I have not seen this adaptor yet. It looks like an interesting combination, though - the Kodak lens adaptor/hood/lens cap. I checked out http://www.fotodiox.com and they look to be fairly professional. Their cost for these items separately would be about $30. I did not see a package, though I'm sure if you contacted them they could give you a better idea. Many people have had great success buying gear through ebay, but I'm of the mind that it is usually better to deal with the manufacturers/retailers themselves. (my two cents, for what it's worth.)

The advantage of a lens hood is that it can prevent lens flare from lights which are outside of your frame, for example the sun. In my understanding, they can also help a digicam in TTL focusing/metering, (Through the lens) as it cuts down on light that can confuse the sensors. As long as it does not obstruct your field of view, they should not be a problem. I do not own one myself... yet. Many's the time I have wished I had one.

Please let me know which path you choose, and how things work out for you.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 2:15 PM   #4

Hi Tom Thank you for your reply and information. You make a good point about buying , I feel the same way.However I seem to be having trouble finding an adapter in stock anywhere including the big names like BH. So I will definitely go for this adapter as well as take your advice and contact them on other products. Thank you again.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote