Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Feb 8, 2005, 6:00 PM   #1

I TOOK THIS PICTURE WITH A NIKON D100 USING A NIKON 60MM MACRO LENS.

I AM NOT REALLY SATISFIED WITH THIS CAMERA AND I AM THINKING TO GET A NIKON COLPIX 8800.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOU ADVICES AND SUGGESTIONS

THANKS

Attached Images

mariobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:11 PM   #2

Not a bad macro, might want to use a smaller F stop than the F5.6 though to keep detail.

Since you already own some Nikon lenses you might want to take a look at the D70(or whatever newness is soon to be announced) , the d100 is a generation behind and operationally is quite slow.

You did not say why you were dissatisfied with the d100, though to me going to a P&S is a step backwards.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 12:54 AM   #3

aS YOU SAID THE D100 IT IS QUITE SLOW NAD VERY HARD TO USE,I HAVE THREE LENSES TWO ZOOM SIGNA ,ONE 20-70 ,ANDTHE OTHER70-300 MACRO ,PLUS THE 60 MM NIKON MACRO, MY CAMERA IT IS ALSO EQIUPPE3D WITH THE BATTERY PACL MB D100.TO CARRY IT IS VERY HAVVY AND TO MUCH BIG .

WITH THE MACRO ZOOM IT IS VERY HARD TO GET MACRO PICTURES, VERY HAVVY NOT BALANCED,AND IF I WANT TO HAVE SOME RESULT I HAVE TO CARRY BAQCK THE TRIPOD,I AM TOTALLY UNSATISFY FOR THE NOISE IT PRODUCE IN FOCUSING AND THE METERING SOFTWARE IN THE VIEW FINDER DOES NOT SATISFAY ME, MY WIFE GOT MY OLD COMERA THE SONY CYBERSHOT 717 , IT IS LIGHT AND GET VERY NICE MACROPICTURES, SO I AM THINKING THAT THE 8800 , AS YOU SAID ARE A NEW GENERATION AND EASY TO CONTROL AND CARRY BACK, I AM THINKING THAT THE COOLPIX 8800 HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL , AND AS YOU KNOW IN MACRO PHOTO ,SPECIALLY IF YOU TRY TO GEY PICTURE OF INSECT THE MOST YOU NEED WILL BE VERY QUITE CAMERA AND NOT NOISY AS THE D100 AND BETTER IF THE PHOTOGRAPHER GET FAR ALMOPST A METER FORM THE POINT AF SHOT , REDUCE NOISE AND SHADOW

II AM THINKING TO SEEL THIS IN EBAY BUT I AM QUITE SURE THAT I WILL NOT GET MORE THAN $1200 I FINDED A VERY GOOD PRICE TO B&H FOR THE COOLPIX8800 NOW IAM SERIUSLY THINKING TO GET

LET ME KNOW WATH YOU THINK ABOUT THE TWO CAMERA AND WICH FOR YOU IT IS THE BEST

HOPE TO SEE YOU ACAIN

MARIO
Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:38 AM   #4

is your capslock button stuck ?
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:29 PM   #5

no the camera work good the caps lock are not locked it is just noisy and slow and very hard to use

so you think the 8800 will better?/