Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:51 PM   #1
3MP

Two yellow crayon macros; 4MP, 'Super' Macro, cropped and Unsharp Mask 0.5 @ 100%

http://www.pbase.com/ajuett/pentax_optio_s45

: : Pentax S45 : :
3MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2005, 3:59 AM   #2

Hello 3MP, welcome to Steve's Forums.

Hope you don't mind, but most like to see the image in the post and some won't be bothered to click the link, so I have added them here.

I think we all look at everday objects in a different way now, (that's anyone with a camera :-)), and you have chosen an unusual one. Nothing unusual about a crayon I know, just an unusual subject and i think it was a very good idea !!

I would have liked to have seen a little less blur on the wood of thesecond crayon, but overall, a nice shot.

I also like your waterfall shots in your album, very nice. Some very nice photos in your other galleries too. Tell me, in the metal_fab gallery, is this where you work or do you have a power tool fetish ??:O

Keep 'em coming !!

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 9:46 PM   #3
3MP

Hi Stevekin,

Thanks for the comments, as for the power tool fetish...yes,I have one The metalFab gallery is my garage. My workplace has bigger toys that are more satisfying
Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:43 AM   #4

LOL, at the risk of sounding like a couple of saddo's, I think we should restrict this topic of conversation to just these two posts :-), but I like a power tool myself. I also like to keep my garage/workshop very tidy. So much so that one time my brother in law came round while I was out and proceeded to place various tools all over the floor and put the area in general disarray,in protest at my tidiness and the fact he has never been able to get his car inhis garage due to the mess .

I wouldn't mind your space though, mine is only about one and a half times the standard width in the U.K. and slightly longer .

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:49 PM   #5
3MP

Stevekin,

My garage at home is 24' long, 12" wide. I claimed the front half for my workshop. The rest is storage that seems to be creeping into my territory. We'll be moving soon, maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a double garage and have a legitimate split ...oh, and 240V power would be nice too...of course then I'd need a Miller 210 or 251 to go with it:!: