Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:47 PM   #1

I don't normally post over here... actually, I don't usually get a response... but I thought I'd give it a shot.

gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:31 AM   #2
djb

Gracie, i'll respond. All nice shots!! the 3rd one of the buds is excellent!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 3:39 AM   #3

Gracie,

Very well done! Don't worry about not getting a response. Lots of people look but feel hesitant to post a comment.

Agreed, the third shot of the buds is the best.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:06 AM   #4

Thanks. I wasn't really worried about not getting a response... but I post occasionally on the 'Wildlife' Forum and I always get several responses there. It just seemed so different over here when I posted.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:36 AM   #5

I love the first one...what fantastic color!
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:50 AM   #6

gracie.
I don't I don't post much on Steves either. I also don't comment often - I'm not much for "great photo" comments. I think some may interpret my comments as a little harsh, but I do not mean for them to be. Actually, my goal is to improve photos - mine and others. Even if someone doesn't agree with me, it's a learning experience.

Having said all that, I like the third photo. The first photo could have used a difuser between the sun and the subject to get rid of the harsh shadows, and the second photo has some good technicals, but doesn't do anything for me.

Do keep posting,
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:41 AM   #7

Thanks Surfnron. I don't mind 'harsh'... that's how I've learned so much. I want honest 'critiques'. It's my choice of what to do with them... I can take them and learn from them or I can choose to disagree... no biggie either way, and I've done both. I often agree with the improvement issues that others point out, and occasionally, I may not agree.

I agree with the 'shadows' issue on the first pic. I don't have any sort of diffuser, and this bed has 2 negatives for shooting... first of all it doesn't get the 'best' early morning light and when the sun does hit it at about 10:00 a.m.... it's already strong and harsh. The second problem right now is that the bed is overflowing, so my backgrounds are often a bitmore busythan I'd prefer. Anyway, this was shot at almost 7:00 p.m. in the evening and I still had these shadows. I suppose I need to see about some sort of diffuser for sure.

So, feel free to give me honest critiques anytime as I'm hear toshare and learn.