Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 15, 2009, 11:10 AM   #1

Default No EXIF Information on ZS3 Samples

I asked a similar question a while ago here:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/co...-question.html

I was just looking at the sample pictures of the ZS3, and I can't get any EXIF information from them. Is it me (not showing me any info in Photoshop and a separate EXIF viewer) or is it not included? I was just wondering because some of the pictures look grainier than I would have expected at base ISO on a sunny day...

Thanks.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Administrator

I haven't tried Photoshop. But, I'm not seeing any problems viewing the EXIF in the sample images for the DMC-ZS3 using multiple image editors and browser plugins.

Are you sure you're looking at the full size photos versus the thumbnails?

When you click on a thumbnail, your browser should load the full size original image.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2009_...3_samples.html

P.S.

I haven't check all of them yet, but the ones I have checked so far have EXIF info. Is there a specific sample that you're not seeing the EXIF in?
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 12:04 PM   #3

The one of the Firehouse for example. I did use the full size version. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Did you see the ISO setting on the EXIF info? I do get some EXIF data, but just pixel sizes and dates and such, no camera specific info. Again, could just be me...
Old May 15, 2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Administrator

Yes. I'm seeing it with the software I use to view EXIF information. But, keep in mind that some camera manufacturers store data in a different way.

Here's what I get for that photo using digiKam:

File name: P1000197.JPG (Standard EXIF Tags)

>>> Interoperability >> Embedded Thumbnail >> Image Information >> Photograph Information >> Panasonic
Old May 15, 2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Administrator

I also see the ISO speed using EXIF Viewer by Alan Raskin (a free cross platform plugin for Firefox).

I'd have to boot into Windows to try any Windows editors (I tend to use Linux as my primary desktop, but I can boot into Windows Vista or XP if I need to). But, the images are straight from the camera, and appear to have EXIF info in them.
Old May 15, 2009, 12:41 PM   #6
Administrator

I just booted into Windows Vista, and can see ISO speed OK there, too. For example, I can save the image to my hard drive, right click on it, select Properties, and the Details tab shows EXIF including ISO speed. I also checked it using the free Irfanview, and it displays EXIF including ISO speed.

There may be something about the way it's being stored in the image that the editors you've tried don't like for some reason.
Old May 15, 2009, 12:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I asked a similar question a while ago here:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/co...-question.html

I was just looking at the sample pictures of the ZS3, and I can't get any EXIF information from them. Is it me (not showing me any info in Photoshop and a separate EXIF viewer) or is it not included? I was just wondering because some of the pictures look grainier than I would have expected at base ISO on a sunny day...

Thanks.
Opanda IExif viewer & PhotoMe Exif viewer both show the full exif data ok, they function as plugins for various browsers available on a right click on the full image.

Also installed the EXIF viewer by Alan Raskin (thanks for that link JimC) and it works perfectly as well.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 12:47 PM   #8

Thanks guys. Time to look for a new EXIF Data software.........