Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jun 4, 2008, 5:24 AM   #1

This may be one for Dannee, rather than the forum, but this way I'll see if it's a general problem. The problem has been present, for example)for about the last hour (at 10:21 GMT).

On numerous occasions recently, in IE7 on XP/SP2, I've had periods of extremely slow loading of Steve's Forums pages, while the advertising banner at the top of every page fails to load. Eventually, after a long wait, the standard 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' text appears, and if I highlight it and scroll through it, I can see that the advert panel contains that 'page not found' error message page, squashed into the window at the top.

Is this is a mistake, or is it when adverts are being updated, or is it incompetence on the part of Steve's advertising sponsorship provider?

Some of the adverts look suspiciously local to the UK, so maybe it's local to the UK. I have standard, default, medium security settings in IE7. I note that the IE7 phishing filter thinks it's already finished while I wait for the error page to arrive, and the little rotating ring on the tab heading is *not* rotating as is normal when a page is loading.

All my other regularly-visited websites appear to be normal.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Administrator

I believe the problem is TribalFusion's GeoTarketing software. We will follow up with them.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 2:56 PM   #3

I think this is related. Over the last six months, I have noticed that the initial loading of the forum software is taking longer and longer with frequent database engine error 28 (sql error).

Just my two cents worth.

Cal Rasmussen -- moderator "Biweekly Shootout" forum
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 4:46 PM   #4

What strange for me is that it is only slow getting from the initial forums page into one of the sub-forms. I should mention that it is painfully, and I am on a 6MB download DSL, SLOOOOOW......as in it took close to 3 mintues for me to get from the main page into this sub-form. But, once in, all seems well.....
NotDadsW41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:46 AM   #5

calr wrote:
Quote:
.....taking longer and longer with frequent database engine error 28 (sql error).
Usually when I get this fault, it's when I've used the 'back' arrow in my browser (IE7) to return to the previous page.

If I then return direct to the main list of Steve's forums, using the link at the top of each page below the Steve's DigiCams logo, I generally find I am allowed straight back to the page I wanted.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:33 PM   #6
Administrator

We are working on all of these issues as fast as we can including moving to a different software
steve is offline   Reply With Quote