Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jun 20, 2008, 8:04 PM   #1

Hey steve,
I understand you don't allow for sale or wanted postings here but, I was comtemplating creating my own site for just that purpose. I was wondering if you would be open to the idea of having a sticky post directing members to that site for their buying and selling needs? I would be doing this as a service for the members and not to be making any money from it. Give it some thought and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
John
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:35 PM   #2
Administrator

We are tyring to implement our Own Classifieds with PriceGrabber hosting it. We are under contract with them at this time so we cannot point to another classified service. We are wanting to display the actual classifieds on our site rather than sending everyone to another site.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:46 PM   #3

Oh, OK. that sounds good to me, I was just thinking of a way to provide a place so members could share there tresures with eachother. I was thinking you didn't want to tie up the band width...:-)
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:13 PM   #4
Administrator

Yes we want for our community here to be able to sell or trade equipment with each other while still protecting everyone. Unfortunately we haveheard way too many horror stories. We also do not want to turn the For Sale section into a bunch of listings for the pros or cons.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:33 PM   #5

steve wrote:
Quote:
Yes we want for our community here to be able to sell or trade equipment with each other while still protecting everyone. Unfortunately we haveheard way too many horror stories. We also do not want to turn the For Sale section into a bunch of listings for the pros or cons.

Yeah, that was my main concern too. The only way I could see it working would be to have someone (like the admin) serve as a clearing house, where one could receive the funds prior to shipping and release them to the seller after the item was received and ok'd with the buyer. Or something like that.:-)