Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:23 AM   #1

Hi, have you any estimated date for testing the new upcoming waterproof camera W60 from Pentax?

Need a camera like that soon and get interested of this one. Anyone know how it's performing comparing to Olympus 1030SW?
CrazyBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2008, 1:49 PM   #2
Administrator

We are waiting on a review sample.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:19 PM   #3
Administrator

Review sample just arrived. We will get to work and have the reveiw posted within 10 days. Thanks for your patience.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 2:49 PM   #4

Great! Already bought one, but always interesting to read your opinion!

One thing thats really anoying me about the camera is the loud background sound then the lens move to focus or zoom inmovies. Anyone else noticed this? Only occours if AF or zoom is turned on.
CrazyBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:38 PM   #5

Just purchased one...should be here by Thurs/Friday this week. Had a few bad experiences with some web dealers trying to sell my the W60. Both said it was in stock when I ordered it and in a few hours it became not in stock. Next, they both tried to tell me the standard battery only lasts 15 to 20 minutes and they tried hard to upsell me an extra battery. I cancelled both orders and am now awaiting the arrival of the W60 from Amazon.
dmsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:37 PM   #6

Just wanted to say that I'm anxiously awaiting this review. I really hope the image quality is 'good enough' (at least better than the Olympus 1030 SW) to get pictures I can be proud of from remote places while backpacking and canoeing.

I want to have a durable waterproof camera that I can take to wet and dangerous places that I don't want to take a consumer level DSLR. But I want its image quality to be good enough that I can feel good having it serve also as my compact point and shoot that I can take everywhere even when a DSLR is too big or cumbersome for the situation.

Will the W60 foot the bill? I hope so. But I'll wait for the review.
the7trumpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:01 PM   #7

Steve, please give us a quick thumbs up or down on this one... as i shoot with a d80, the w60 will be strictly for the boat and I am most interested in the hd video quality as this the only waterproof camera that supports hd.

please hurry your a** up and just through us a bone....

btw, thanks for doing a great job on all of your reviews
fastwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:58 PM   #8

hi, i just like to ask when will the review of this model be done?

thanks.
ichiganboya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 4:59 PM   #9

I have decieded to fast intill steve post the review, looks like ill have to get all my nutrition threw beer:?
fastwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:35 AM   #10

I have a Pentax Optio W60.

I am eagerly waiting for Steve's review also.

It has at least one severe problem. In at least the 640x480 30 fps video mode, the camera exhibits severe vertical banding noise. I had an online chat with Pentax and they suggested exchanging the camera for another unit. I did this and the second camera exhibited the same behavior. I contacted Pentax by phone and they took the information, but could not tell me if this problem could or would be fixed by a firmware update See the web page I created about this problem at:

http://EricHaberfellner.com/Pentax_W60_Problem
EHaberfe is offline   Reply With Quote