Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Feb 28, 2009, 5:00 AM   #11

Last evening at 23.45 GMT I couldn't access this site nor The American Widescreen Museum and the Links. Other sites were as normal.

Now, at 10.55 GMT this site AND the Widescreen Museum work like greased lightning.

Hmmmmm......

AlmaR.

Almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 7:31 AM   #12
Super Moderator

I've not had a problem recently but if you look at this Message from Internet Brandsthen hopefully any problems should be completely fixed soon.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 3:19 PM   #13

Another member with site-loading problems here.

Altough I have visited this forum for several years and I mostly lurk on the hybrid section on the forum, the loading times for the forum is finally a bit too much for me, so I am off.

not to mention the internet brands deal makes me think I will start receiving more junk mail that I do not want. But I guess steve has to cash out sooner or later, so perhaps is best for him.

I am off (not before changing my email to avoid spam). Thanks for the service
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 2:12 PM   #14

I'm not sure I understand why you feel you will receive more Spam email because of the new ownership.

There will be nothing but GOOD things to come from this acquisition, as we will be upgrading to a Better forum software, new servers, etc.

This will make the forums faster, not to mention add a host of great features for our members.

So with that said, I hope you will stick around :-)

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:11 PM   #15

So today I decided to come back and see if there was any improvements... and then I realized that even google knows this forum has problems... Kind of sad really

Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:18 PM   #16
Administrator

See this thread in the A Word from Steve's forum:

A reminder - set bookmarks to forums.steves-digicams.com

That google search was looking at a page using the old url at stevesforums.com. The correct link changed to http://forums.steves-digicams.com a long time ago (and the Discussion Forums menu choice from the main site at http://www.steves-digicams.com will go to the correct forums address).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 3:42 PM   #17

You Guys are joking right???? You're bitching about waiting 19 Seconds!???? You're going to go to another site and ask for free information about your cameras because you have to wait the time it takes to type this out? Please go....more room here for my Questions....Sheesh.:P
Coax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:03 PM   #18

Coax wrote:
Quote:
You Guys are joking right???? You're bitching about waiting 19 Seconds!???? You're going to go to another site and ask for free information about your cameras because you have to wait the time it takes to type this out? Please go....more room here for my Questions....Sheesh.:P
You are misinformed. Just like in many other video and multimedia forums, I am here to help those asking questions (as most of my posts can prove) with 13+ years of working on the video industry to back me up, but hey, since you seem fairly angry...
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:26 PM   #19

Well since we seem to be whipping out our credentials and comparing size.....I've worked as a Camera grip for Sony Pictures for pretty close to 20+ years.In the Video biz side of Sony for at least 10 of those years, and taking pictures for close to 30 years.and I still dont know everything. But i do know that it takes me at least 30 seconds to type out something on this site.so I have realized that waiting 19 seconds for a page to boot is small potatoes compared to the laughter I get reading these complaints.Life is short...Have a Beer! and no I,M Not Angry,Just amazed......:roll:
Coax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:37 PM   #20
Administrator

You're correct to mention the issues. That is a long wait time. I haven't seen that lately myself (the forums seem relatively "zippy" from where I'm posting in Savannah, GA). So, it could have something to do with your location and route to the servers.

In any event, as the thread Mark1616 pointed out mentions, we'll be migrating to more powerful computers to help out.

Message from Internet Brands

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote