Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:22 AM   #1

i see in the Dslr section you list 20 cameras

is that not like tooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

personally that list should only show 5

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:22 AM   #2

This year, the best point and shoot cameras for travel photography seem to be in the superzoom category. Steve's has done the Canon Powershot SX200 IS. I am hoping that Steve's will be doing the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 (DMC-ZS3 in the USA) and the Samsung HZ15W because they are clearly the competitors to watch for the Canon Powershot SX200 IS.

They are all in the 12 megapixal category although the Panasonic camera is listed as a 10 megapixal because of the way it uses the 12 megapixal chip. But I think what to watch is the wide angle performance of these three cameras with Panasonic at 25 mm, Samsung at 24 mm, and Canon staying with 28 mm.

My hope is that Steve's will come out soon with the Panasonic and Samsung evaluations because the travel season is about here in the Northern Hemisphere and I want to get the best superzoom and wide angle camera.

By the way, all three of these cameras do 720p video for the new big flat screen TVs.

In my opinion, it will come down to the wide angle and 720p video performance. It is a wash on price since they all will be between $300to $400 range.

Bluerapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:26 PM   #3

i thought this was a contact steve section

Dave
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:37 AM   #4
Administrator

Dave:

The dSLR models were merged into a single section a while back, versus having separate sections for Entry Level, Advanced Amateur, Pro, etc. So, that makes it look larger. I'm sure your feedback on it is appreciated.

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:52 AM   #5

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Dave:

The dSLR models were merged into a single section a while back, versus having separate sections for Entry Level, Advanced Amateur, Pro, etc. So, that makes it look larger. I'm sure your feedback on it is appreciated.

JimC

so why dont they seperate them, that way it wont look like a list of all the DSLR on the market

Dave
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:33 AM   #6
Administrator

Frankly, it's hard to find a "bad" dSLR anymore, and the market is so competitive, very few models are not going to provide good value. So, a lot boils down to individual preference and budget.

The lines between entry level, amateur, prosumer and professional models are also starting to blur, and the dSLR segment is growing faster, thanks in part to very competive pricing as technology advances.

Just because you don't see immediate changes, doesn't mean that your comments are not noticed and appreciated. Keep in mind that we've been transitioning to new servers and more.

Thanks for the feedback (which has been passed on), and my apologies for not responding any faster.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:40 AM   #7

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your input on Steve's Best Cameras list.

This feature of our site was originally designed to help those who were constantly asking Steve, What Camera Should I Buy??.

We did combine the dSLR lists a while back, because like Jim said, the line between certain dSLR categories has become very thin. Mainly between the entry-level and amateur/enthusiast models.

Also, we do not remove a model from our list until it's no longer available online through our affiliates. There just happens to be 20 of the models we've chosen that are still currently avaialbe.

I will pass on a sugestion about possibly seperating them into the three categories again, and we can go from there.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions Dave.

:|

-Billy

billy is offline   Reply With Quote