Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old May 7, 2009, 7:04 AM   #1

Default Software upgrade failure with User Settings

Being a pessimist, I check my User CP this morning to confirm that every thing was still set properly after the software change. I noticed that the time zone I originally specified was not correct ported. It was simple to reset to my correct zone, but it needed to be manually done. I think a big loud bulletin to all users asking them to review their User CP settings is in order.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2009, 7:43 AM   #2
Administrator

Thanks for the report.

The default time zone used can be changed by clicking on the User CP button and selecting the Edit Options choice. Here's a direct link to that page:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pr...do=editoptions
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 10:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Thanks for the report.

The default time zone used can be changed by clicking on the User CP button and selecting the Edit Options choice. Here's a direct link to that page:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pr...do=editoptions
You misunderstand my post. I know the control exists and know how to use it. I had used it well before the software upgrade to set an appropriate time zone. Had I not known how to change it I wouldn't have known it was incorrect.

My point is that after your software upgrade the time zone associated with my account changed. My pesimissium, evolved from long experience with computer software, led me to suspect there would be a likelyhood of some error occuring. I checked my UserCP options after the upgrade to see if all was well and found this error.

To be honest, I didn't check after you moved the forum to new servers a little while back so I can't say whether it occured then or with this upgrade. My point is that it did occur in my account and may have occured in others.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Administrator

I understood you. My apologies for any confusion. Some of the data wasn't transferred (for example: last visit date, default time zone for posts). I had the same issue (my timezone defaulted to GMT after the transition).

The note on how to how to change it in the reply was for the benefit of other members reading the post (so they'd know how to change their timezone from the default of GMT, and they should see the timezone being used at the bottom of each forums page).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote