Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:12 PM   #1
D9r

Default Request for Deals page - canon sd960

Could you please keep an eye out for a good deal on the Canon PowerShot SD960? The best price I've seen so far is $299 + 6 shipping -- that's OK but something in the 250~270 range would be better (plus maybe bundled with a good case +/or memory card). Thanks.

BTW, thanks for listing the 'Canon NB-4L Lithium Ion Battery $4 at Eforcity'. That looks like an awesome deal I'm planning to take advantage of.
D9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:26 PM   #2
Administrator

It looks like buydig.com (a reputable vendor) has them at $279 with free shipping + a free 2GB memory card right now. Here's a search for the Gold model:

http://steves-digicams.pgpartner.com...45/qlty=n/fd=1

Here's a direct link to it at buydig.com (and they have the same price on the Blue, Pink and Silver models):

Canon Powershot SD960 IS at buydig.com for $279 with free shipping
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:36 PM   #3
D9r

$50 off list price (329) sounds pretty good. I might just go ahead and get it and be done with it. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:17 PM   #4
D9r

BuyDig isn't showing on the price comparison list today, but their website still has the sd960 at $279.

BHPhotoVideo's price has been going down this week. Monday it was $329. Wed it was $285 and today it's $283.

I'm tempted to wait to see if it goes any lower. At the same time I don't want to get burned by missing the bottom. I don't need the camera right away but it would be good to have it within the next month or so.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:33 PM   #5
Administrator

I see that. They showed up in the listings last night. buydig.com is a reputable vendor. Ditto for bhphotovideo.com. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a camera from either vendor. As for pricing in the future if you want to wait, your guess is as good as mine. On some camera related items (lenses and more), prices have gone up versus down lately on some of them. So, you never know for sure what's going to happen with them. Ditto for availability.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:03 PM   #6

The SD960 is still on our Camera Deals page for $279. Here is the direct link to BuyDig.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...u=CNPSSD960ISP
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 3:46 PM   #7
D9r

Yes, I just saw that you added the sd960 to the Deals page. Thanks.

Quote:
$279
BuyDig.com
Expires 07/26/2009
How do you know it expires 7/26? I don't see a date listed on their website. Did you ask them by phone or email? If that date is definite, then it wouldn't hurt to wait till the last day to see what happens (I'd think).

Today bhPhotoVideo went down another dollar to $282. BuyDig still has it at $279, and BeachCamera also has it at $279. (It almost makes me think they're following this thread.)

BuyDig and BeachCamera use the same storefront software and have the same copyright. Just curious, who are they resellers for? Or are they the same company under 2 different names?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 6:46 PM   #8
D9r

FYI, for anyone following along who didn't already know:

Did some googling; rumor has it that BeachCamera is the parent company of BuyDig -- they are one and the same (and I assume they're using propietary software, they're not resellers under a third company).

My guess is BeachCamera/BuyDig can be used as a benchmark for the lowest price. In other words, it's probably rare for anyone else to have a price lower than BeachCamera/BuyDig. Reviews for their customer service are mostly positive (although there were a few complaints as are with every company -- google for more info).
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D9r View Post
Did some googling; rumor has it that BeachCamera is the parent company of BuyDig -- they are one and the same (and I assume they're using propietary software, they're not resellers under a third company).
Yeah, they are both under Beach Trading Co. There are several online stores like that, like WolfCamera.com, RitzCamera.com and CameraWorld.com are all the same.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2009, 12:48 PM   #10
D9r

The Deals page says BuyDig's price of $279 "expires 07/26/2009." Is that date definite? How do you know it expires 7/26? I don't see a date listed on their website.