Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:55 AM   #1

Default nikon coolpix 775 problem

I have a nikon coolpix 775 camera, lovely camara, i regularly sell on ebay so use it to take pictures of items and transfer onto computer. Yesterday I installed my partners camera (finepix S304) software onto my computer. Now I cannot transfer pictures from my camera onto computer. I have uninstalled new software, still no joy. I uninstalled my camera software and reinstalled it but still no joy. I keep getting this message up 'failed to update the system registry. Please try using REGEDIT'. I have windows vista, although when I first got camera I had windows xp.
Can anyone help??
lukalily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:17 AM   #2
Administrator

You may want to try going back to a previous restore point (before you installed the Fuji software) and see if that fixes it.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...e79e51033.mspx

But, you probably don't need any software to transfer your images. Your camera should show up as a removable drive if you click on "My Computer". So, you can just click on the drive associated with it, navigate to the folder that has the images, use Select All to mark them, Edit>Copy to copy them, then click on the drive and folder you want to copy them to and select Edit>Paste.

You could also use a Card Reader to transfer your images (and that would probably be much faster than trying to transfer them from a USB Attached camera).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:24 AM   #3

Default nikon coolpix

Thanks will them a go.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:35 AM   #4

Thanks Jim C, can now upload photo's onto my computer sucessfully.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:39 AM   #5
Administrator

Great. Did going back to a previous restore point (prior to installing the Fuji software) solve it for you? That feature restores a previous copy of the registry.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote