Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:15 AM   #11

I tried d.l.ing the opanda F F version and that didn't work with F F for some reason.
Seeing as I now have two things Opanda and Photo Me covering all I need to do I guess I will now leave well alone.
Thanks for all your help and a happy healthy and prosperous new year to all.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:33 AM   #12
Administrator

I've had problems with Opanda for quite a while now (can't get it to work correctly with newer versions of Firefox, and yes, I am installing the FF plugin, too). I can remember Firefox rejecting it with security warnings a while back. The last time I tried it, it appeared to install, but it still wouldn't work. So, I gave up on it.

I use Alan Raskin's EXIF viewer for Firefox as my primary (which is also "cross platform", working on any operating system Firefox runs on, including OS X, Windows and Linux), and PhotoME (Windows only, but works in Linux under Wine) if I want to see more information (as it does a good job with more decoding of proprietary maker notes metadata). Note that PhotoME also has a Firefox extension that adds a menu choice you can use to load an image in PhotoME by right clicking on it from your browser.

EXIF Viewer by Alan Raskin:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905/

PhotoME (and I use the beta version, which is the top download choice on this page):
http://www.photome.de/download_en.html

Firefox Extension for PhotoME (install the main program first, then install this extension):
http://www.photome.de/firefox_en.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:23 AM   #13

JimC
I've now got the F.F Photo Me extension.
Not wanting to bore the socks off everyone but whats interesting is, on I.Explorer I can now look at pics with both Opanda IExif and Photome no problem but Firefox wont let me download the Opanda extension exactly as you found JimC, it says "Opanda doesnt have secure updates"??
So perhaps it means that F.F. is in reality a more secure site as it appears to be more fussy.?
Anyway thanks for all the help Jim and all.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod

Last edited by deadshot; Jan 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM   #14
Administrator

I'm not sure what the security issue with Opanda iEXIF under Firefox is about (as it seems to test "clean" using the scanners at http://www.virustotal.com to check it with); and I try to never use IE unless testing a reported problem with the forums.

So, I'll stick to the others (like Alan Raskin's EXIF Viewer; and using the extension that allows you to load an image in PhotoME from Firefox) that don't have any issues under Firefox like I see with the Opanda iEXIF product.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote