Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 1, 2011, 8:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
penolta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: California USA
Posts: 5,206
Default Background change

What happened to the "classic" (black) background option? Photos looked better and it was much easier on the eyes.
__________________
.
.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

No option now for switching the forum theme, one good point is msg text now may be read without having to change the forum theme, bad point it's still too bright a background that displays some photos badly or in a bad light. They could have chosen a mid grey background theme so that it would not favour some photos over others.

Last edited by musket; Jun 2, 2011 at 5:02 AM.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:39 AM   #3
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

Go to the User Control Panel (User CP menu choice at the top of forum pages), then select the Edit Options choice. At the bottom of that page, you'll see a Forum Skin option that allows you to use the older Dark Theme. Just select Dark Theme and click on the button to Save Changes.

Here's a direct link to the edit options page:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pr...do=editoptions
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:27 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Go to the User Control Panel (User CP menu choice at the top of forum pages), then select the Edit Options choice. At the bottom of that page, you'll see a Forum Skin option that allows you to use the older Dark Theme. Just select Dark Theme and click on the button to Save Changes.

Here's a direct link to the edit options page:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pr...do=editoptions
I checked there I still don't see the option
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:30 AM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Mark1616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,397
Default

Hey Jim, I've had a member PM me about this and it seems possibly the option has been removed, can you please double check?
__________________
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!


See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:53 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Hey Jim, I've had a member PM me about this and it seems possibly the option has been removed, can you please double check?
It's still there for me....

Name:  Steve's Digicams Forums - Edit Options 2011-06-02 10-52-11.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  107.2 KB

I see three options: Default, New Light, and Dark.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:57 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musket View Post
I checked there I still don't see the option
Make sure you look for Miscellaneous options at the bottom of your User CP, and all the way to the right you'll see an Orange "+" symbol. Click that, and it will either hide, or un-hide the Misc. options, which is where the forum skin is under.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:01 AM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Mark1616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Make sure you look for Miscellaneous options at the bottom of your User CP, and all the way to the right you'll see an Orange "+" symbol. Click that, and it will either hide, or un-hide the Misc. options, which is where the forum skin is under.
No longer there on mine Billy, it doesn't affect me as I switched from the black option a long time ago but others seem to still want that option. Possibly IB has made a change to anyone who is not an Admin?
__________________
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!


See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Yes it's not on mine either

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:14 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
No longer there on mine Billy, it doesn't affect me as I switched from the black option a long time ago but others seem to still want that option. Possibly IB has made a change to anyone who is not an Admin?
Hmm, that's odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musket View Post
Yes it's not on mine either

Ok, spill the beans on how you did that fancy screen capture animation

I'll wait for Jim to reply. If he can't figure this out, I'll contact Tech.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.