Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1

Default Navigation Question

This is not really a big deal but I'm curious so i shall ask. When I first used this site I could use the navigation tree to get directly to the 'slr' section of the main index but long ago that stopped working for me. Now if I click on it I am just taken to the top of the main index page. All the other parts of the tree work just fine. Anyone else mentioned anything about this or is it just me?

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:52 PM   #2
Administrator

Hey John:

You're correct. At one point, our setup of vBulletin allowed the navigation to a specific section of the main page, as in your example. The links are still there, but are no longer operational.

Frankly, you're the first member that's mentioned it. ;-)

I've been aware of it for a while (as one of the previous updates kept it from working as it once did). But, I haven't taken any steps to get to the bottom of the issues with that part of site navigation since then, since most members would go to the main page instead (or bookmark a specific forum versus section).

I'll try to take a closer look at it next week to see if it would be difficult to implement again.

Thanks for your comments.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:23 AM   #3

Thanks. Like I said it's not a big deal at all, was wondering if it was just me or if that feature had gone away for everyone.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote