Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:00 PM   #1

Default changing username?

how can i or can the administrator change my username from lgbsaab to lgbalfa?

please let me know.

thanks
lgbalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:45 AM   #2
Administrator

I can do it for you. I'd suggest making sure the e-mail address in your profile is up to date for any password resets that may be needed if you run into any login problems.

Then, just send me a PM and let me know when you want the name change to be made. Here's where you'll find a screen that shows your current e-mail address (same screen for changing passwords that you'll find in your User Control Panel

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pr...o=editpassword

You can update your e-mail without changing your password. But, it's a good idea to make sure you know what your password is, and make sure your e-mail address is up to date in case of any problems

JimC
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:29 PM   #3
Administrator

After seeing your PM letting me know your e-mail address was correct, etc.; and letting you know your member name would be changed shortly, I found that lgbalfa was already setup here. Interestingly, it looks like the same e-mail address is being used with it; as was being used with your lgbsaab account (the name you started this thread with, now changed to lgbalfa so that all previous posts will show lgbalfa as the user name that made them).

I sent you a new PM explaining that kind of thing that you should see in your e-mail account in box (as your profile is now setup to see PM content via e-mail).

The latest vBulletin based software we use now will not allow that (the same e-mail address associated with more than one member name). But, sure enough, that's what I saw when looking at the profiles in the latest admin utility (so it was probably imported from the forums software we were using in the past that may have allowed that kind of thing).

It looks like your last post using the lgbalfa name was in 2008 (and since the verification e-mail address was identical for both user names, we know that both accounts were setup by you or someone else with access to that same e-mail account).

So, what I did was "merge" the two accounts (so posts from both lgbsaab and lgbalfa will now show up as being made by lgbalfa). The lgbsaab name is now removed (so you'll need to make sure to use lgbalfa going forward)

If you have any issues when logging in using the lgbalfa name, you may need to do a password reset from the login screen (then watch your e-mail for reset links; checking your spam box to make sure it's not there if you don't see an e-mail from us in your in box after a reset; as some e-mail providers may stuff e-mails into a spam folder instead).

Let me know if you see any problems with it.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
After seeing your PM letting me know your e-mail address was correct, etc.; and letting you know your member name would be changed shortly, I found that lgbalfa was already setup here. Interestingly, it looks like the same e-mail address is being used with it; as was being used with your lgbsaab account (the name you started this thread with, now changed to lgbalfa so that all previous posts will show lgbalfa as the user name that made them).

I sent you a new PM explaining that kind of thing that you should see in your e-mail account in box (as your profile is now setup to see PM content via e-mail).

The latest vBulletin based software we use now will not allow that (the same e-mail address associated with more than one member name). But, sure enough, that's what I saw when looking at the profiles in the latest admin utility (so it was probably imported from the forums software we were using in the past that may have allowed that kind of thing).

It looks like your last post using the lgbalfa name was in 2008 (and since the verification e-mail address was identical for both user names, we know that both accounts were setup by you or someone else with access to that same e-mail account).

So, what I did was "merge" the two accounts (so posts from both lgbsaab and lgbalfa will now show up as being made by lgbalfa). The lgbsaab name is now removed (so you'll need to make sure to use lgbalfa going forward)

If you have any issues when logging in using the lgbalfa name, you may need to do a password reset from the login screen (then watch your e-mail for reset links; checking your spam box to make sure it's not there if you don't see an e-mail from us in your in box after a reset; as some e-mail providers may stuff e-mails into a spam folder instead).

Let me know if you see any problems with it.
JimC

Thank you.

I had to reset my password but everything seems good now.

I appreciate your assistance.
lgbalfa is offline   Reply With Quote