Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Dye Sublimation (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/dye-sublimation-44/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 42482] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/dye-sublimation-44/%5Brecovered-thread-42482%5D-41139/)

bryan868 Dec 25, 2004 2:47 AM

Does anybody know if the Canon SELPHY CP400 photo printer would be compatible with myCanon PowerShot A70 digital camera?

I've been looking for a compatibility chart for the printer, but haven't been able to find one.

IanWgglswrth Dec 25, 2004 2:57 AM

bryan868 wrote:
Quote:

Does anybody know if the Canon SELPHY CP400 photo printer would be compatible with myCanon PowerShot A70 digital camera?

I've been looking for a compatibility chart for the printer, but haven't been able to find one.

Yes it should be, I've used my A70 with the CP220 I think the Selphy is about the same.

The A70 has DPOF and is pictbridge compatable so it should work.

Merry Christmas

Ian

FanOfSteves Dec 27, 2004 10:56 AM

:?:

Is this printer really a dyesub or is it an ink jet? The Canon web page doesn't clearly identify the type.

IanWgglswrth Dec 27, 2004 12:12 PM

FanOfSteves wrote:
Quote:

:?

Is this printer really a dyesub or is it an ink jet? The Canon web page doesn't clearly identify the type.

The Canon Selphy CP400 is a Dye-Sub, the Canon Selphy DS700 is the compact inkjet type printer that uses ink.

Cheers Ian

FanOfSteves Dec 27, 2004 1:31 PM

OK - now I understand. The CP400 is not sold in the US and I was confuced with the DS700.

...but what is the difference between the CP220 and the CP400? They look different but seem to have very similar specs.

IanWgglswrth Dec 27, 2004 2:40 PM

FanOfSteves wrote:
Quote:

OK - now I understand. The CP400 is not sold in the US and I was confuced with the DS700.

...but what is the difference between the CP220 and the CP400? They look different but seem to have very similar specs.

From the research I did when choosing mine I couldn't find a difference in any of them apart from the CP330 which has a rechargable battery inside so it can be used anywhere.

Thats about the only difference I can see all of the others can use the same paper(all the different types) and all can fit the different paper holders.

There might be a difference in print speed but thats about it.

Thats about all I know on the canon CP and selphy series of printers.

Cheers Ian

JonathanV112 Dec 29, 2004 12:22 PM

The SELPHY CP-400 is a compact dye-sub printer. It cannot be bought by itself. You have to buy it with a camera in a combo pack, either with a Powershot S500 or an A400. From what I have researched, the CP-400doesn't havethe option to have a battery pack, like the CP-330. It's like a remake of the CP-220. You would think Canon would make this printer portable, but it's still a great deal. You get a camera, and a printer to print your pictures right away.:cool:

FanOfSteves Dec 29, 2004 1:03 PM

:-D
My new CP-220 is on the way via UPS. It's only $130 @ Staples this week after rebate. It seems to be the perfect photo-printer for for my wife's albums. Thanks for all your help!
:|