Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:52 PM   #1
Junior Member
replicar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1


I was wondering if all dye sub printers are actually heat transfer dye sub printers? Is there a difference? Or are they the same thing?

Anyone have a good large format dye sub printer to recommmend?

Many thanks in advance.
replicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2005, 4:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
Setiprime's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 484

All dye sublimation printers employ heat as part f the print producing process.

Saying heat transfer dye sub is like saying car automobile
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 12:19 AM   #3
steve's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,535

Yes - all dye sublimation printers employ thermal (hot) printheads.

However, they aren't really dye sub printers. They are dye diffusionthermalas a true dye sublimation printer requires the heat ofa laser beam to vaporize the dyes and our little 4x6" printers don't have any Buck Rogers rayguns inside of them just small thermal printhead strips.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:04 AM.