Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Dye Sublimation (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/dye-sublimation-44/)
-   -   Hi Touch 630PL (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/dye-sublimation/1534-hi-touch-630pl.html)

nnolan Jul 31, 2002 12:35 PM

Hi Touch 630PL

Just got this last week. Love: the size of the printer, the "photo" look of the prints, the fact that I can put my grubby piddies all over the pictures with few (if any) smudges, and the low cost of the print kits. Don't love: the blue/green cast to all the prints and the fact that I have to mail-order the print kits when I run out. I'm going to have to order Mike Chaney's profiling software and see if it helps my prints get over their "blues", I guess.

Greybird Aug 6, 2002 8:33 PM

HiTi630ps

Have had My 630PS for about 3 weeks now,ordered it the day Steve reviewed it, and am really enjoying it . Have no problems with the " blue /green cast", in fact I make 4x6 prints from it using several programs, and then make full sheet edge to edge on my Canon S820, and there is no difference in the Quality or color. As far as ordering the print kits, I ordered two spare and had tem in a week. I plan to take it too our village functions and make instant prints..Hope you solve your problem.. OBTW have you downloaded the <a href="http://www.hi-ti.com/maindownload.asp">firmware and software update</a>??
Herb S

[Edited on 8-15-2002 by steve]

nnolan Aug 8, 2002 8:37 PM

Software update?

I didn't even know there was one; maybe that will fix my "blues". I've got more print kits on order, so I can test this when they come in. Thanks for the info!

Greybird Aug 9, 2002 7:51 AM

HiTi630PS

Hi again nnolan;
I just thought about another thing , go to the page you get when you print a picture and go to the last page. this gives you instructions on how to print a test page , and how to calibrate the printer. This is really a great little printer for 4x6 prints, and the cost per print is sonething else..
Herb S:P

jaguar Aug 30, 2002 2:51 PM

Re: nnolan

I too am experiencing the greenish cast in photos printed on my Hi-Ti 630PS. I did the firmware update but this didn't seem to make a difference. Have you been able to resolve the issue?

jimford Aug 31, 2002 6:00 PM

Re: HiTi Blue colur cast

I'm also getting the blue colour cast reported by others. I'm awaiting a reply from HiTi on this. (I've also reported this problem in the printers forum of dpreview.com)

Regards: Jim Ford

ljohn1950 Oct 10, 2002 12:54 AM

Hi Touch 630PL

After reading all of the reviews and post about the Hi Touch i picked one up Friday in Seattle at Glazers camera (they have a fantastic digital/video store and staff) I think thy named this printer wrong. it should have been named the WOW-630PL because every time i show someone the photos printed by it they say WOW. there was one HOLY SMOKE also. the color is perfect no color shift.
Larry

mlciskey Oct 13, 2002 5:25 PM

Does it come with a .ICM color profile for use when printing connected to a computer?

Thanks,
Mark

Binji7 Oct 30, 2002 2:54 PM

It sure does have a color profile included with it. I'm in the process of tryng to sync the color on my Dimage 7i , Monitor and PL-630PS. The Silver color of the Printer really goes nice with the Dimage 7i, now I just need a silver case and monitor. Time to get some spraypaint!!!! All in all I am VERY, VERY happy with the printer. A little slower in stand alone mode than I'd like. But I've already made $200.00 bucks selling picks at a local 'hole in the wall' pub and I'm still on my first pack of paper.......

lobomayo Nov 6, 2002 7:23 AM

Re: nnolan

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaguar
I too am experiencing the greenish cast in photos printed on my Hi-Ti 630PS. I did the firmware update but this didn't seem to make a difference. Have you been able to resolve the issue?

when you speak of "firmware updates", are you referring to driver updates?
My PL makes great prints when it works, but it often needs to be restated to work properly (I get various error messages). Anyone else had this problem? I'm running Win 98SE.