Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:10 AM   #1
Senior Member
joeybob's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Posts: 148

I have a couple of photos taken at or around dusk... and for the life of me - I can't remember how but I did something in photoshop before where I did some kind of overlay and that really made the colors pop. I've searched the forums - but no luck finding this needle in a haystack - any assistance appreciated... :G
joeybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2006, 3:48 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 804

It sounds like you might be referring to one of the layer blend modes on the layers palette. If you have more than one layer on the layers palette, you can change the way they blend by clicking on the little arrow near where it says, "Blend Mode" in the upper left area of the layers palette. This will give you a fly-out menu of different blend modes. Some are reasonably useful for the average picture and some create really wacky results.

There is a blend mode named "Overlay." Don't know if that's what you're thinking of, but it's effect really jacks up the contrast and makes colors pop. A less extreme effect can be had with the "Soft Light" mode.

Play around with the blend modes and maybe you'll find what you're looking for!

granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:25 AM.