Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 10, 2002, 12:28 AM   #1

Default Photoshop 7

And... what's up DOC?

No really... what do you think abaut this new version of the BEST digital imaging program ()

I love the new tools, specialy the pic edit ones! Now is easly than never to correct levels and colors.!

I want to know your opinions!

Bye!
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2002, 10:06 AM   #2

I've Got PS 7 but I am stumbling learning how to use it can you recommend any books?
BrySul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2002, 9:25 PM   #3

mmm not really, because I learned to use the version 5 and I migrated to 6 and now to 7.

I learned with Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book. From Adobe. It's a very good book. It's the official book to learnto use the Adobe Photoshop.

here you have an AMAZON link to the book.

Classroom In a Book

Bye!

Quote:
Originally posted by BrySul
I've Got PS 7 but I am stumbling learning how to use it can you recommend any books?
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2002, 9:25 PM   #4

I have used every version of Photoshop since version 2 and just upgraded to Photoshop 7. Just when I think it can't get any better - it does! The file browser is great especially for digital camera owners. The healing brush and patch tools are amazing and greatly reduce the photo retouching time. A very nice upgrade.

As far as a good book, I recommend the Photoshop 7 Visual Quickstart Guide. It is from Peachpit Press and will be released some time in July. I own several Visual Quickstart Guides for other software programs and love them.
jamnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2002, 3:09 PM   #5

Default Photoshop tutor

I just picked up a CD tutor that tells and showes how to do it all. See Compuclasses.com
newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2002, 12:16 AM   #6

Default Books by Scott Kelby and Photoshop User Magazine

I have been using photoshop since version 4.
About 3 years ago I discovered Photoshop user magazine. The Subscription is $99 per year and consists of 3 basic features. 1) The magazine comes about 8 or 9 times a year. The magazine is great because it is filled with tutorials and reviews for 3rd party plugins and what's new in the photoshop community. 2) Next you will get access to the Membership website. The website has everything from the magazine plus much more. The best feature on the site is the member discounts. I just saved $450 on a gateway computer because they hava a deal with the magazine. Each year that I have been involved I have saved a minimum of the $99 membership on hardware or software. 3) The last benefit of the membership is being a part of a photoshop community which means you can easily get answers to all your photoshop questions from hundreds of professionals. Scott Kelby is the editor of the magazine and all around photoshop guru. He comes to cities aroud the country with a tour that teaches specialty 1 day classes in photoshop and as a member you get a discout. He also writes 2 great books. One is called "down and dirty tricks" and the other is called "killer tips"
You can't get a better education for photoshop.
go to www.photoshopuser.com to sign up!

Enjoy

Todd Roisman
Todd Roisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2002, 7:56 PM   #7

Default Scott Kelby's Photoshop Seminar

I completely agree with you Todd. I have been a member of The National Association of Photoshop Professionals for two years now and find it well worth the investment. Just last Friday, I attended Scott Kelby's Photoshop Seminar in Boston. It was a great day with a lot of valuable information. He makes learning Photoshop fun and easy.

[Edited on 7-3-2002 by jamnau]
jamnau is offline   Reply With Quote