Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:58 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3

Hi friends!
I need your help urgently.
I need to find an easy software that creates on my digital photoes an external white frame of about 0.7 cm and give me possibility to add text (title of the photo) into that mentioned white space.
The best could be if the software could also offer some effect on the border of the foto like shades and so on....
to have better idea of what I'm searching visit the link below of photo posted in this forum by the member Greg Chappell


Which program or plugin must be used to obtain these kind of arrangements on photoes??? :idea:

Thanks in advance for your help!
Have a nice day!

pipposat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:57 PM   #2
Senior Member
hgernhardtjr's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 516

Perhaps out of your price range and not too easy to learn, but I use PhotoShop CS2. And I wouldn't be surprised if Chappel used PhotoShop also.

Any number of techniques or automated actions can be used with PhotoShop. There are tons of free framing and matting actions to use with PhotoShop or the steep-learning-curve Gimp available to download. And there are many you have to pay for.

However there are also quite a few free ones for the reasonable priced PhotoShop Elements that will do what you want.

Perhaps someone else will know of an easy-to-useframing software package that is inexpensive and will meet your needs.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
VTphotog's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Extreme Northeastern Vermont, USA
Posts: 4,241

I believe that most of the higher end photo editors can do this. I use Photoimpact, which I find to be easier than Photoshop for this type of thing, and it has everything included for the task.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 2:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Posts: 4,036

If you check the EXIF on the link you provided, the photos were done in Photoshop CS2. One of your requirements was "easy' and unfortunately Photoshop doesn't fill that requirement very well.

You can get plug-ins for Photoshop that do that kind of frame automatically. There are also plenty of free actions for making similar frames. The plug-ins work in Elements but evidently there is some jerry rigging to get the actions to work.

Any decent editing program can put text anywhere you want it.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:27 AM   #5
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3

Thank you friends for your suggestions.

Could anyone send me links where find action (possible free of cost) for Photoshop to obtain same effect of frame and text of photoes mentioned in my original post???


pipposat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 8:45 AM   #6
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,427

alex james is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.