Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:45 AM   #1
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 69

Is there a way to colorize old black and white photos with PS CS?



BillS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 4:12 AM   #2
BrianP's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 76

As usual with Photoshop, there are many ways to do this. One way is to convert the image to RGB (Image>Mode>RGB), then add a new layer and set the blend mode to 'Soft Light'. The blend mode is the drop-down menu in the Layers pallette which starts at 'Normal'. Then choose the colour and the Brush tool and paint onto the new layer. You can adjust the Opacity of the layer to get the best effect, or adjust the colour with the Curves, etc. It's best to start a new layer for each colour and name them as you go so you can go back and edit each colour.
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:01 AM.