Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 30, 2006, 6:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
CaliBoy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 140

I'm trying to take to sunset photos and combine them in photoshop. One exposed for the sky and the other for land. Are you able to use a layer mask in photoshop elements 3.0 or am I going to have to upgrade to CS2, just can't seem to find layer mask anywhere.

I've been happy with elements and can't seem to justify the steep price on CS or CS2

Also any recommendations for a good bulk image resizer. Need to upload a large number and would like them downsized for viewing.

Thank you ahead of time for your advice.


CaliBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:37 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 804

In PS7, which, I think is pretty similar to PE3 in a lot of ways, the layer mask icon is located on the bottom of the layer palette and looks like a dark rectangle with a hole in the middle. You just click on that and a mask is applied to the active layer.

Here's a link to some good free sample info' on PE3:


If you don't have that icon, you might be able to get a mask by clicking on the adjustment layer icon and just not making an adjustment. Adjustment layers always seem to come with layer masks.


granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:52 PM.